Driver side door not unlocking with the remote

sergio2305

Hi everyone,
my A2 has a problem with the unlocking mechanism in the driver side door, it won't unlock with the button on the remote, the other doors work just fine, it will only unlock if I manually open it with the key. It's been a few months since the issue, at the beginning the problem appeared every now and then but now it never works.
Hope I made myself clear and someone could help!

Hi everyone,
my A2 has a problem with the unlocking mechanism in the driver side door, it won't unlock with the button on the remote, the other doors work just fine, it will only unlock if I manually open it with the key. It's been a few months since the issue, at the beginning the problem appeared every now and then but now it never works.
Hope I made myself clear and someone could help!
Does the "Door Open" warnings on the DIS show when the driver's door is open?
Mac.

Does all the doors lock on the remote? Does all the doors lock when using the switch on the inside of the drivers door?

Have you checked the condition of the wiring inside the car to the A pillar connector and also inside the A pillar connector for damp, corrosion and continuity?

All the doors lock with the remote and the switch inside. I haven't checked the wiring inside the A Pillar though.

Update: I discovered that if I unlock and then lock the door with the key the driverside door will unlock normally with the remote... I have no idea what may be the problem, maybe the mechanism is starting to give up?

Update: I discovered that if I unlock and then lock the door with the key the driverside door will unlock normally with the remote... I have no idea what may be the problem, maybe the mechanism is starting to give up?
2nd Update: The door still sometimes doesn't unlock, I've noticed that the "comfort" function that rolls the windows down when pressing the unlock button does not work. Another issue I've noticed it's that once the doors are unlocked via the button on the driver's door the driver's door won't unlock when the interior handle is pulled twice like all the other doors, I'm quite worried as in crash I won't be able to exit the vehicle... I tried to make my technician run a diagnosis which resulted in a single wire mode error in the control unit, has someone come across this issue?
Hope I made myself clear as English isn't my first language.

What's the fault code number? Also the mechanic scanned the system, but didn't do anything else?
The double-pull is safety measure, I believe it's mechanical and not electrical, to open locked car in an emergency, so unless some important parts in the door fail, this should work fine. Does the fuel cap opener button by the drivers seat lights up when the door is open? You can also check this by turning on the head lights with key being removed from ignition, the warning beep should come on. If no lights/sounds, it could be door microswitch failed, which can cause all the issues above. Just in case, checking the wires behind a-pillar is good idea too.

Back