Engine gearbox mounts

JONROSS

A2OC Donor
Hi all can anybody help me i need left and right engine mounts for 1.4 diesel 90 amf. Is there any compatible parts off a polo or any other car I could use, your help would be much appreciated, cheers Jon

HI,

Polo 9N I believe fits the right hand side on AMF, @Cenick and @Chris Warren recently fit one..

The right side or drivers side Im unsure of..this seems to look right but I expect mounting holes on the base will be off maybe?

New parts may need the top swapping over?

Hi all can anybody help me i need left and right engine mounts for 1.4 diesel 90 amf. Is there any compatible parts off a polo or any other car I could use, your help would be much appreciated, cheers Jon
If its a 90 surely it's a atl?

hi Charles got part number off audi parts who said amf, i don't know what engine it was before they said that, how can I check,
There is usually a label on the belts end of the engine that has a bar code and the engine code (AMF, BHC, ATL etc.) on it ; likewise this will also be printed on your car's build sticker of which one copy is in the battery well, and the other inside the cover of the logbook.

If it is a 90 there will be a red i on the rear, you have a DMF, and the air return pipe from the intercooler has a pressure sensor plumbed into it.

If it is an AMF, there will probably be a Webasto heat pump, silver i on rear, no sensor in the air return pipe.

Engine mounts for AMF are on this diagram :

Engine mounts for ATL are on the following :

Well so far this thread is a typical computer... Garbage in garbage out.

YOU need to help us help you

We need to know which engine is fitted to the car before we can help YOU.

From the build date it is more likely a BHC or an ATL with no chance of it being an AMF.

But there again your profile may be total rubbish also........

There is usually a label on the belts end of the engine that has a bar code and the engine code (AMF, BHC, ATL etc.) on it ; likewise this will also be printed on your car's build sticker of which one copy is in the battery well, and the other inside the cover of the logbook.

If it is a 90 there will be a red i on the rear, you have a DMF, and the air return pipe from the intercooler has a pressure sensor plumbed into it.

If it is an AMF, there will probably be a Webasto heat pump, silver i on rear, no sensor in the air return pipe.

Engine mounts for AMF are on this diagram :

Engine mounts for ATL are on the following :

Tdi 90 also have rear disk brakes which is one of the easiest ways to tell, unless it's had a axle swap

Hi lads thanks for your advice, had a look in boot by battery and yes it's an atl, i don't know wear I got amf from, so you guy's with all the knowledge once again are spot on, thank you, cheers Jon

Bit more of your knowledge lad's, is the atl and amf mounts different, I'm not mechanical minded, cheers Jon

Atl drivers side is unique and super rare good luck finding one of those sides. Some custom mount from race shop may fit I'm told.otherwise wait for breaker to supply .....

I changed both engine and gearbox mountings with the ones of a VW POLO 9N 1.9tdi 130bhp. Gearbox fits without problems. Engine mount has a welded piece added to the base in the same thickness as original. Bolts right up.
Credit to my buddy Menno. 👊
These are what I’ve used.

Attachments

• IMG_1713.png
    IMG_1713.png
    243 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1712.png
    IMG_1712.png
    218.5 KB · Views: 110
I changed both engine and gearbox mountings with the ones of a VW POLO 9N 1.9tdi 130bhp. Gearbox fits without problems. Engine mount has a welded piece added to the base in the same thickness as original. Bolts right up.
Onto what car model? Amf or atl?

That's very helpful if its for atl

I’ll take some photo’s tomorrow of the mount in situ. And for what it’s worth a shot of the template to give an idea what is involved to add the small piece to the mounting surface.

That sounds like a thread is needed to explain exactly how to replicate - you’d be doing a service to this forum / us TDi90 owners.

Here are some pictures of the top engine mount and the mold to adapt the mount

Attachments

• IMG_1720.jpeg
    IMG_1720.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1719.jpeg
    IMG_1719.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 94
  • IMG_1718.jpeg
    IMG_1718.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 95
Top mold is A2 and the bottom mold is POLO 9N. If you rotate the bottom mold 180 degrees you will see that you only need to provide for a third bolt 👍. Holds up perfectly. Thickness IIRC is 3mm stainless steel

Back