FSDs

vectorix

Hello all. I've decided to take the plunge and fit FSDs as my old dampers are getting a bit tired. I live on the Isle of Wight which is a lovely place but the roads are rough. I'm thinking of keeping the standard Audi springs aiming at comfort rather than going round corners faster.

Any advice on the pros or cons of this setup?

I've seen the threads about a group buy of the FSDs but assume that it's too late to join in. Buying them is only part of the cost as they need to be fitted. I asked my local Audi garage (there is only one on IOW) who quoted £200+. The workshop manager did not seem very impressed with the idea. There is also the cost of getting them across the water which will cost a premium as the gas fill means they are classified as hazardous materials!

Can anyone recommend a garage/dealer in the south of UK who will do a supply and fit package? A day out on the mainland would be fun and give me a chance to stretch my little Audis legs.

Regards

Neil

The group buy didn't go ahead due to the warranty, do larkspeed charge anymore for delivery to IOW as they come from holland anyway i think ??

Cheers Phil

I certainly wish I had had my FSDs fitted when I was in the IoW earlier this year :)

I bought mine from www.potn.co.uk and had them fitted by a local mechanic, and also then got new bump stops (front and rear) and strut mounts (front only) done at the same time. I have kept the stock rear springs, but have fitted Weitec 30mm lowering springs at the front - this has the effect of lowering the front by about 15mm (as the FSDs have a lifting effect on the front). Allow about 5-6 hours labour all told.

If any of you feel this to be a bit cheeky, I do apollogise, but I know how much you guys and girls love your Koni FSD's.

At the moment, We at Awesome are offering until the end of July, 22% Off Koni's retail price on the FSD Shocks for the A2 (and lots of other Koni Products) along side free delivery to UK Mainland.

This brings the Audi A2 Koni FSD's down to a fantastic Value for Money price of £362.62 all in delivered!

Once again, I'm very sorry if this is a bit cheeky, Feel free to tell me off :)

Hey Awsome

do you have a fitting price? must say it's not everyday you get 22% off Koni FSd's whats the dilly yo.:eek:

Cheers,

A2sport

Hi there,

Yes indeed! We charge £167.50 + VAT (£192.63 all in) for Fitting and 4-Wheel alignment.

Basically the special offer is part of our "Celibration year" as 2009 is Awesome's 20th Year of being in business!
Throughout the year we have been teaming up in conjunction with many of our suppliers in order to bring you the best deals we can possibly get!

We've also got a special deal on our Custom re-mapping which will be on for the next month or so!

Hope this helps,
Regards, Al.

Shipping to Belgium would be an Extra £33.00

Unfortunately, Romania is one of the few countries that we are not insured to ship to.
Sorry about that.

Wish Awesome's deal had been on when I got my FSDs done a few months back!

I'd strongly recommend going for Weitec (or similar) 30mm lowered springs on the front combined with stock height springs on the rear. Don't forget to take 20 to 30mm off the front bump stops though.

If anybody is interested in the Weitec springs, We can also get hold of these. They are either: £126.00 inc VAT for the 35/30mm Springs, or £77.00 inc VAT for the 30/00mm Springs (Front Only).

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Re. Weitec 30/00 springs. Just in case there is anyone out there who might make the same mistake as me. This kit comprises just one pair of front springs. Reason for my confusion was that one of the sites offering the 30/00 combo described the kit as comprising front and rear springs. However, Weitec do not do standard length rear springs.

Thanks for the info there Alan! Just goes to show we all learn something new every day :)

How does yours sit with the Weitec Front springs and standard rears?

hi awsomeAI can i ask if the weitec f series springs are available? as they are -35 front -30 rear so suit fsd fitment better considering the inherent lift.if so expect a phone call very soon. cheers mike

Hi Mike,

Yep, those are the ones.

For some reason, our 2008 catalogue reads 30/30mm, Yet looking at the brand new 2009 PDF Catalogue, it now reads 35/30mm for the same part number.

Hope this helps,
Regards, AL.

Awesome FSDs

Hello Awsome

I seem to have started a successful thread. I will email you with my address to get a quote for supply to IOW. It may be more fun if I book my A2 in and come and get them fitted. I just need to make a decision on what to do with springs.

Regards

Neil

I'd strongly recommend going for Weitec (or similar) 30mm lowered springs on the front combined with stock height springs on the rear. Don't forget to take 20 to 30mm off the front bump stops though.
Weitec front springs are in my plans too :)

Cutting 20 to 30mm off ther bump stops, isn't it too much ?
What's the leverage ratio of the front suspension ?

Hello Awsome
I seem to have started a successful thread. I will email you with my address to get a quote for supply to IOW. It may be more fun if I book my A2 in and come and get them fitted. I just need to make a decision on what to do with springs.

Regards Neil

Hi Neil,
Mail me on: al(at)awesome-gti.co.uk
Cheers, Al.

Hi Alan,
that's fine for me. How do we proceed ?
Send me your email by private message...
Fabrice

Hi there,

You can place the order on our online store if you so wish to?
Click Here

Once you have placed the order, PM Me with your order number and I'll make sure the shipping price is put through at the correct amount for you.

Hope this helps,
Al.

Hi there,

You can place the order on our online store if you so wish to?
Click Here

Once you have placed the order, PM Me with your order number and I'll make sure the shipping price is put through at the correct amount for you.

Hope this helps,
Al.
Al,
I was in the process of ordering through your website, but I cannot find the Weitec 30/00 springs ?
Fabrice

Back