FSI ECU immobiliser help please!

drwellsie

Hi, I have moved my ProBoost ECU to my new FSI and put the ECU from ‘new’ car into the old one. I didn’t realise that the immobiliser was disabled within the PB ECU which was why it was so simple to plug and play. I’m looking to disable the immobiliser in this old car so it works - can anybody help in the south of UK please? Especially with Timmus on travels still…

Many thanks!

Afternoon,

The better solution is finding someone who can obtain the SKC from the instrument cluster and the replacement ECU to correctly match it to the vehicle. Once you have the SKC for the vehicle and the replacement ECU then following the Ross Tech procedure with VCDS will put you right:

Have a look on the members VCDS free scan register to see who’s local to you then ask if they have SKC grabbing capability:

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Tom

I'm not far away, in Hook. I have VCDS Lite, (registered), and I'm in the process of learning how to do SKC extraction, and write, from "The Grand Master" ( @2work)
I'll post here when I feel able to help. Few days only.
Mac.

Thanks so much for such a quick and useful response Tom!

So this means the current ECU and the cluster can be paired relatively inexpensively? This is very good news!

I'm not far away, in Hook. I have VCDS Lite, (registered), and I'm in the process of learning how to do SKC extraction, and write, from "The Grand Master" ( @2work)
I'll post here when I feel able to help. Few days only.
Mac.
I didn’t realise you were so close! This is good news!! Thanks Mac.

More than happy Mac! The ECU is in the old car with HGF in Worthing so if I get them to send it up can we do it without the car?

I'm able to extract SKCs, and should be OK to write to the ECU.
If you're up for a test, then so am I.
Mac.
Evening Mac,

Now you’ve mastered the grabbing of SKCs you’ll find this process quite simple, just please stick to the earlier linked guide and you’ll be absolutely fine. You know where I am if need be Sir.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
Back