Full respray but what colour?

A2_rory

I recently bought an A2 with a number but now they are almost sorted I have started to really like the car.

I own a small independent body shop and quite fancy doing a repaint on it but can't decide what colour to go

The car is currently silver which tbh I'm not find of so fancy something a little different,

Any ideas?

Purple :cool:

rs6-1.jpg

Sorry to ask this of a bodyshop guy, but would you consider a wrap? (Don't hit me for suggesting it LOL)

I had planned to have an A2 wrapped in chrome (due to the fact it is mostly aluminium.

But then I saw a cherry red chrome wrap and to me that would look great, but I would have to pay someone to supply and fit it and that would be over £3,000 (probably a lot over too)

My plan was to get a red one so that the door shuts etc. wouldn't look naff.

But on a silver one a straight chrome wrap would look amazing.

Been done years ago, but still something to consider.

(You can hit me now) :)

Steve B

Funny a very good friend up north is a vinyl guy, I've got tons in stock plus a plotter cutter but I've never been tempted to wrap a car,

Reason being I find it can look swirly and scratch after a few weeks and I'm a nightmare with paint, I'm forever polishing etc

They all look good. I saw a car recently which had been done in gold - painted in hammerite by brush from the look of it. It looked like a Walkers ridged crisp!

Rory - did you see my message about Steve's Votex kit?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am intrigued

I like the bottom and top left.

The bottom left with perhaps a slightly deeper red.

But forgive the stupid question, you surely can't get that finish with paint?

Steve B

Back