Glasgow G20 area. Trustworthy local garage recommendation and oil leak advice.

A2 TS

Glasgow G20 area. Looking for a local garage that knows and have worked with A2 models. I have a major oil leak that need urgent repair. Previously my MOT garage mention that they did not know how to access this 'underside'. This garage had to phone me for info on removing the bonnet. This has not instilled me with confidence to take it to them for a repair.

How is access gained? Is this problematic? Should any MOT garage be able to do this? Thanks TS

Huh, they do not know how to access the underside of the engine?:eek: It is basically the same as any other car. You just remove the plastic engine undertray protection and you have full access to the engine bottom part.
Definitelly go with some other garage. Any garage should be able to do this in a few minutes...

Last edited:
Huh, they do not know how to access the underside of the engine?:eek: It is basically the same as any other car. You just remove the plastic engine undertray protection and you have full access to the engine bottom part.
Definitelly go with some other garage. Any garage should be able to do this in a few minutes...
A big thank you. your video link has certainly helped me to understand the problem.

Basically there is no problem. Because every garage should be able to do this even if they have never seen the car. This is as basic as that garage must have tools to work with ;).
I hope you find a qualified garage, but it is not really important they are ''fluent'' in A2, because the engine is the same as in other similar VAG cars of that era ;). Just make sure that they know where the lift points are, so they do not break the plastic at the side or dent the alu chassis, when they lift the car.

Back