Hello Everyone newbie

MattSnap

Hi guys,
Been on the forum and lurking a while, but following a conversation with Mike Swain, I’ve finally joined the A2 owning classes.
As of yesterday I became the owner of the car below. It’s a tdi90 with skyroof, as you can see on a 54 plate at just over 161,000 miles. Original dealer sticker says Bath Audi, but lived since 2007 in the North Norfolk area of Sherringham and Swaffham. It will be coming home to the Essex Coast on Sunday, not too far from Colchester. Any other A2 people out here in spray tan land, do drop me a message. I’ve loads to learn but that’s why I am here.
Thanks folks.
Matt

Attachments

• FCB3EE67-E94C-4C81-8096-47CDF1680B3F.jpeg
    FCB3EE67-E94C-4C81-8096-47CDF1680B3F.jpeg
    186.2 KB · Views: 229
  • B78A0082-7250-4EE6-BAEA-C20A95E5AA7B.jpeg
    B78A0082-7250-4EE6-BAEA-C20A95E5AA7B.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 253
Hi guys,
Been on the forum and lurking a while, but following a conversation with Mike Swain, I’ve finally joined the A2 owning classes.
As of yesterday I became the owner of the car below. It’s a tdi90 with skyroof, as you can see on a 54 plate at just over 161,000 miles. Original dealer sticker says Bath Audi, but lived since 2007 in the North Norfolk area of Sherringham and Swaffham. It will be coming home to the Essex Coast on Sunday, not too far from Colchester. Any other A2 people out here in spray tan land, do drop me a message. I’ve loads to learn but that’s why I am here.
Thanks folks.
Matt
Hi Mattsnap,
Welcome to the forum, it looks to be a nice example.
Hope you enjoy
Keith

Thanks Keith,
a few things to do: wheels refurbished, a front bumper and nsf wheel arch to reAlign. A cam belt and water pump, next month as a precaution.
Hands free telephony and auxiliary input to sort, and a dark grey three seat rear seat to obtain. Maybe even a tow bar to fit.....
But in the fullness of time I want to make it as good as I can.
I’ve been watching these for years and finally have what I consider to be a good example.
Thanks for welcoming me officially to the forum

Welcome to A2 ownership, careful, they're addictive. You may know, original towbars are very rare though GDW still make and sell a suitable detachable unit. There's also a fixed Swan neck made by Steinhof which can be purchased on Allegro.pl if you are able to have it reshipped from Poland.
At 161K the DMF is likely to be needing replaced assuming it hasn't already though tech support is free and fast here.

Welcome to A2 ownership, careful, they're addictive. You may know, original towbars are very rare though GDW still make and sell a suitable detachable unit. There's also a fixed Swan neck made by Steinhof which can be purchased on Allegro.pl if you are able to have it reshipped from Poland.
At 161K the DMF is likely to be needing replaced assuming it hasn't already though tech support is free and fast here.

What is the consensus of the longevity of the DMF? can one expect 100k or more? or are they likely to go before that??

Ah another lurker appears ? welcome to THE best car forum for THE best car in the world. ?
I also have not 1 but 2 TDI90’s and like you I live in Essex land. Enjoy your 90 it’s a superb piece of machinery. Give her plenty of nice fresh oil and feel the torque. ? Safe journeys in her.

Ah another lurker appears ? welcome to THE best car forum for THE best car in the world. ?
I also have not 1 but 2 TDI90’s and like you I live in Essex land. Enjoy your 90 it’s a superb piece of machinery. Give her plenty of nice fresh oil and feel the torque. ? Safe journeys in her.
Great advice: oil change imminent. First day off I have. Which part of the large county are you in.
305miles of coastline to explore in the A2....

No vibration or slippage on the car, but limited history to find out if DMF has been replaced.
Will drive sensibly until I can consider its replacement. Thanks for the advice.

What is the consensus of the longevity of the DMF? can one expect 100k or more? or are they likely to go before that??
I'm sure others will answer as I'm no expert though mine is on original (124k)and is making a slight noise when idling. Mechanical sympathy will have a huge impact on longevity though it's (largely) impossible to know whether previous owners had mechanical sympathy.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and I will check out the
polish Steinhof tow bar.

Thanks for the welcome and I will check out the
polish Steinhof tow bar.
Here it is, please report if you order, I don't know of anyone who has.

Thanks Keith,
a few things to do: wheels refurbished, a front bumper and nsf wheel arch to reAlign. A cam belt and water pump, next month as a precaution.
Hands free telephony and auxiliary input to sort, and a dark grey three seat rear seat to obtain. Maybe even a tow bar to fit.....
But in the fullness of time I want to make it as good as I can.
I’ve been watching these for years and finally have what I consider to be a good example.
Thanks for welcoming me officially to the forum

Welcome; you've come to the right place.

I can't tell from your photos whether your A2 currently has a three seat rear bench, which you want to replace with a dark grey one but, if your car has the two individual rear seats, they can't be swapped for a three seat bench; the fixings are completely different.

I can't tell from your photos whether your A2 currently has a three seat rear bench, which you want to replace with a dark grey one but, if your car has the two individual rear seats, they can't be swapped for a three seat bench; the fixings are completely different.
I got 2 with 5 seaters smug mode ?

I was searching for a 5 seater having three kids but couldn’t find one that was suitable. They were all a combination of too pricey, too high mileage or poor condition...so I settled for my 4 seater and leave the wife at home ?

Oh?
That’s a shame.
Yeah it’s a four seat dark grey and I wanted to add the three seat bench in the same colour. Oh well.

Back