help wanted engine manage light on

frankval

hi i have an audi a2 1.4 tdi 2004 i have fitted a new febi throttle body but the engine manage light is still on have cleared it once but it still come on no effect with the car running, just annoying ,any help or info would be great, cheers

You need someone with VDCS to scan the car, that will most likely identify the fault. Look up the VCDS register thread and approach the nearest member on it to you - Caerphilly, right?

hi i have an audi a2 1.4 tdi 2004 i have fitted a new febi throttle body but the engine manage light is still on have cleared it once but it still come on no effect with the car running, just annoying ,any help or info would be great, cheers
Evening,

As you have a diagnostic tool are you able to share what fault codes still exist.

I notice that you have another thread regards this fault. Did you look at the possible adaption options with VCDS as others suggested.

If your diagnostic tools isnt capable enough then you’re not too far from Steve @A2Steve who I guess has VCDS, maybe open up dialogue with him over PM to see if he can possible help. Failing that start looking further afield to members who have VCDS.

Kind regards,

Tom

Last edited:
I assume you weren’t able to adapt the throttle body ( using VCDS or similar ). That might account for the warning light

best wishes

J

I assume you weren’t able to adapt the throttle body ( using VCDS or similar ). That might account for the warning light

best wishes

J

There is no adaptation to do
Technically it is not a throttle body it is the anti shudder valve which is electronic on the bhc and atl engines, vacuum on the amf engine
Audi made the fault tolerances for the ASV too tight on the engine maps used in the bhc and atl
Interestingly audi released a map update for the atl engine to relax the ASV tolerances in 2011 but never did this for the bhc engine

I have a fix for both engines but not wanting to brake any forum rules I can discuss it here
Please send me a PM and I will explain what is needed to implement the fix

Regards. Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think it is the 90, we have had 2 new throtlle bodys fitted both brand new ., but fault still exists ? garage has tried to fix but the computer they use would not clear it ??

i think it is the 90, we have had 2 new throtlle bodys fitted both brand new ., but fault still exists ? garage has tried to fix but the computer they use would not clear it ??
If you think it is the 90 - how do you know?

1) Tdi on the tailgate should have a red i
2) Rear disc brakes
3) ATL code on build labels
4) Pressure sensor visible on the boost return pipe in middle of engine bay above intercooler, not plugged into the intercooler.

If you have silver Tdi, rear drum brakes, BHC code on build labels and/or a naked aluminium L-shaped boost pipe with no sensor drilled into it, it is a 75.

There are other more clues to look for but those are the easiest ones.

If you think it is the 90 - how do you know?

1) Tdi on the tailgate should have a red i
2) Rear disc brakes
3) ATL code on build labels
4) Pressure sensor visible on the boost return pipe in middle of engine bay above intercooler, not plugged into the intercooler.

If you have silver Tdi, rear drum brakes, BHC code on build labels and/or a naked aluminium L-shaped boost pipe with no sensor drilled into it, it is a 75.

There are other more clues to look for but those are the easiest ones.

Or just lift the passenger front carpet and read the engine code letters off the sticker on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back