How Many Left

Crgwal

A2OC Donor
Scotland
Just posting this for fun, looks like quite a jump in sorned cars over the last year.

Keep enjoying your little Audi bubbles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230426_215352_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20230426_215352_Chrome.png
    208.9 KB · Views: 145
If that's 513 A2s licenced in the last quarter that's 2052 per year on average. Far to low. According to the post below, the 513 probably refers to base spec 1.4's.

My gut feel is about 12,000 left.

If that's 513 A2s licenced in the last quarter that's 2052 per year on average. Far to low. According to the post below, the 513 probably refers to base spec 1.4's.

My gut feel is about 12,000 left.

Alan's right- at the moment it is just filtered to one particular engine configuration. Instead google search "how many left family: audi a2" returns the correct result (@q3 2022): 7,753 on the road. Carlogbook has a live up to date reading 7,287 on the road https://www.carlogbook.co.uk/audi/a2/

Losing about 1,000 a year off the roads and sorn appears to have flat lined at 2k 😀

Probably this is the time in A2 life that it will slowly ''transition'' from a daily car to a car for enthusiast. This is also why so much are disappearing per year, because for a daily they are not economical to maintain them in use.

Only 333 FSIs? That's seems a bit low. Last time I added the various FSIs on "How Many Left" I reckoned about 550.
Mac.
The link in post 1 has

FSISportSEStandard
Licensed28445490
Sorn15221032
TOTAL4366641221222

The whole classification is a mess, surely some Special Editions are FSI, maybe not.

Andy

Having looked at both sites, I estimate around 820 licensed FSIs.
They need to be nurtured. Was thinking of giving Sir David a call.
Mac.

The link in post 1 has

FSISportSEStandard
Licensed28445490
Sorn15221032
TOTAL4366641221222

The whole classification is a mess, surely some Special Editions are FSI, maybe not.

Andy
That is very similar to my estimate of 820 licensed FSIs. So around 400 on Sorn, that's about a third of the total population🤔
Mac.

Alan's right- at the moment it is just filtered to one particular engine configuration. Instead google search "how many left family: audi a2" returns the correct result (@q3 2022): 7,753 on the road. Carlogbook has a live up to date reading 7,287 on the road https://www.carlogbook.co.uk/audi/a2/

Losing about 1,000 a year off the roads and sorn appears to have flat lined at 2k 😀
I was going to revise my gut feel to 9000 to 10000 but even that would have been too high. The attrition rate has really speeded up in recent years.

I'm getting to the point where I don't think my A2 can be relied on to be my sole vehicle. Mainly due to non availability of parts. I think they are now at a point of being an enthusiast's 2nd car but it could be another 10 years before they are considered a rare classic.

I was going to revise my gut feel to 9000 to 10000 but even that would have been too high. The attrition rate has really speeded up in recent years.

I'm getting to the point where I don't think my A2 can be relied on to be my sole vehicle. Mainly due to non availability of parts. I think they are now at a point of being an enthusiast's 2nd car but it could be another 10 years before they are considered a rare classic.
I find the best way is having at least 2!

Isn't that a drop of about a 1000 in a year? Me, Andy and Ami combined don't get through anywhere near 10% of that figure in a year, which means that an awful lot of useful parts and currently simply being scrapped.
Mostly insurance write offs I suspect. If you're not an A2OC member, or similar knowledgeable owner, then you just shrug your shoulders, and accept what they say.
Mac

Mostly insurance write offs I suspect. If you're not an A2OC member, or similar knowledgeable owner, then you just shrug your shoulders, and accept what they say.
Mac
That's really sad. Cars with so many useful parts are just being crushed. I wonder if there's a way to intervene via the DVLA and to ensure that vehicles are sustainably dismantled before they are disposed of.

Back