How much for a headlight bulb + fitting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mason

Hi guys

Is this something the dealers will rip me off on?
Possible to do it myself?

Any ideas of prices?

Cheers

Dave

Mason

May be worth ringing Audi assist during office hours as I heard you "may" be able to get it done free. Usually you can replace the bulb in a "normal" car yourself, but as Audi put constraints on you I think they are usually nice and will send out the local dealer to replace the bulb. But I could be wrong so ask first!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Changing the bulb is not to tricky at all have a look in the FAQ`s on how to fit xenons, or do as Stuart suggests and get some value out of the audi cover.

Thanks guys.. I'll read up on the fitting, but the Audi assist option is very tempting as well :)

Cheers

Dave

Who is Stuart?

I know I help Stuart with stuff, but we are not that close we have gelled together!. Nice enough chap and all that !!!!! ;)

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Mason-what did they say? It would be nice to have an idea of what happened in your case so we can pass the knowledge onto others as this is a topic that regulary rears it head!

Nice to hear you are getting it sorted though!

I rang them at about 9:30, explained that I was at work but a bulb had gone.

They were quite happy to come out and fix it. I'm assuming the worst case is I'll have to pay for the bulb which audi quoted me at £7. But I'll update you all on that one later..

They should be arriving to my work address at around 11:30...

Quite impressed so far....

All done...

A very courteous Audi assist chap arrived at 11:20, job done 10 mins later.

No charge..

RESULT !!
How old is your A2? My understanding was that if your car is less than 12 months old/under 10,000 miles then they replace the bulb free of charge.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

2002 model, 47K on the clock and I'm the second owner so I've only got anotehr 18 months or 13K left of audi assist for free. So I actually expected to pay.
He never brought it up, and said if it happened again don't hesitate to call...

Like you say, quite a result..

Indeed, it's good to know for future reference.

Cheers

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

[14] I finally got round to fitting my high high performance bulbs last week, and I wished Id done it sooner, the new ones not only have a crisper whiter light but on dark country lanes they illuminate the road way better.

Ive found that the quickest way to change the headlight bulbs is to simply remove the 2 screws holding the light in, and remove the whole headlight. A lot quicker than trying to do it when the headlights in position.

Only downside is the price of the bulbs, £20 each

[2002] | 1.4 | azure blue | 2 tone leather | concert II single cd.
Member of A2OC site.
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk12.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back