Induction kits good or pointless?

LeeLee

Banned
ok everyone i dont know whether its of any value or point to put in an induction kit.

its for a TDI so its not exactly going to affect the sound is it!

but effiency wise is it worth it or not?

thanks guys

Nope - Scott fitted one to a 1.6 petrol and he's thinking of going back to standard now.

Affect the sound? Please! I suppose we're not used to the A2 being treated like some Saxo or Corsa!

Cheers

Mike

apart from anything else, there were as set of measurements done some years ago by one of the more technical German A2Club members.

They measured with different filters the amount of fuel and air available, including the standard ECU mapping, and found that filters made no difference to the power available as the car understood it.

Now, your personal mileage may vary. However, the setup as it is is not as bad as it could be and, to be honest, it can't be that bad, otherwise 70mpg wouldn't be possible.

I can find the links for you if you want, but if you want more power, go for a remap (Stealth) and see what they can get out of the car. There isn't much (if anything) to be gained from the inlet tract.

Bret

yeah but a remap and an induction kit is a major price difference isnt it.

to be honest im not really going to try and add anymore power to it as i dont see the point,its only going to get used around town.

how much is a remap anyways?

only reason why i was thinking of an induction kit was A: if it changed the sound to a diesel and B: if petrol effiency changed a bit.

come on skipton someone needs to start the trend of turning the A2 into the new boyracer mobile! if i cant do then who can?
haha

and damn i like cars and im a small fan of a2's but how the feck can we compare a saxo to an audi?

thats like comparing testicles to conquers!

You'll be so supprised how much the remap can do for just your everyday driving and it will give you that power your looking for. Yes it cost's a bit more than an induction kit but it would do, it gives you more power, one of the best mods i've done and wished i'd done it sooner than i did

Phil

come on skipton someone needs to start the trend of turning the A2 into the new boyracer mobile!

Err, I don't think so - the whole point of Audi is understated performance - even the RS cars are pretty subtle.

You want to do something? Do it right and get a remap. You want to alter the sound? Fit a proper exhaust which will also let the engine breathe better (but mainly the TDi 90).

Cheers,

Mike

How do you find out what tdi I've got?

I doubt it's a 90 but maybe it is!

Ok but guys how much is a remap!
It's not even worth turning an a2 into a boyracers mobile because I'd have to wear my Burberry cap!

An a2 is too good but also too classy for a boyracer!

But it is a understated car as said skipton!

The only car it competes in quality wise and build In it's size is an A class.

Don't think we can quite add a Saxo or corsa or c2 and so on to an A2

Induction kit - pointless.

Remap - proven, cost effective and fully stealthy performance gain (75 - 105BHP, or 90 - 115BHP depending on your version, plus the accompaning gain in torque). Cost - about £250.

I recently had my 75bhp remapped for £100 +VAT, there was no rolling road, but neither was it from a dodgy back-street garage. They have a branch in Essex, where they have a rolling road, for an additional cost of £30 IIRC. You pays your money and takes your choice :)

Yeah but whom and where in London will do a remap guys!

Other then upto spending £25. What's it actually going to give me that I need that the car hasn't already got!

Ok other than bhp!

Just get your sat nav out and head up the M1 to Southam and let Stealth work their magic for you - there really is no other place that has worked more on the A2 maps.

Cheers,

Mike

@ Lee - I had my car remapped by Revo/AmD at their Mega4 franchise in Woking, which is near SW London.
http://www.mega4.co.uk/

I have no connection to them, just got a good service from them (they also identified my MAF was on the way out) and I am still very pleased with the results, have never regretted it.

What it gives you is a much improved car. It just drives better. You get more torque lower down and it sustains the torque and power further up the rev band. This has the benefit of you feeling less of a need to have to work the engine hard to make progress, which is especially useful in towns actually, as you also need to change gear less.
Finally on faster roads/m-ways, the in-gear acceleration is still strong at higher speeds, which means you shouldn't get caught out too often when you need to accelerate out of trouble.

In my opinion the 75 should have been like this out of the factory.

Oh and it also doesn't have that feeling of running out of puff above 3k - it revs hard all the way to the red line, which you may sometimes need :)

I gave Stealth's number to a friend who had a 1.9TDI A4 sport he thought his was fast and very torquie, he popped down to stealth and hasn't stopped smilling.

For the first week or so after having it done i would get a text to say thanks and how great the car feels, it took Stealth 3 hrs to do his car as they didn't have a map for his number ECU (they hadn't had one in with that code) so they had to make a map for it, this is where Stealth work there magic and it helps having the rolling road so you get the torque and BHP that they say your getting (at the wheels) and its not a plug and play map its made for your car.

For me its one of the best £250ish you'll spend and economy isn't compromised i've had 72 MPG's out of mine after the remap (but average around the 55>60 mpg)

Cheers Phil

Back