Interior blower getting to the top screw?

cheechy

A2OC Donor
Sorry for silly question but I've read Sarge's how to on the blower and everything is out bar the top left screw.

If anyone has done this how on earth did you get to the top left screw? I fully appreciate sarge mentions that it's doable with patience but I think she's left town :)

Cheers

Can not remember which screw you access through the hole in the dash support beam, may be this one may not. For the rest of them it was a mixture of different extensions and ratchet and a flexi drive. For instance the bit fitted first, then the extension through the hole in the bar then a ratchet.

Yes patience is required as is good lighting so you can actaully see what you are trying to get to.

Dash support beam? Not removed but that works make sense for sure as I can't see how the screw can be removed from underneath as there simply isn't enough room

How do you remove it without breaking?

No need to remove the beam ( its welded into the car ) but there is an access hole drilled through it.

From another post...

Note the manual is written for LHD cars so you need to flip the images over for RHD cars.

Thanks Graham I'll take another look in the morning. I couldn't see any way to get underneath and over the top of the blower to undo the top left screw so hopefully this makes much more sense.

Thanks Graham I'll take another look in the morning. I couldn't see any way to get underneath and over the top of the blower to undo the top left screw so hopefully this makes much more sense.
If you need them I am in a position of easily taking pictures of the access hole in the dash support gantry.

Andy

If you need them I am in a position of easily taking pictures of the access hole in the dash support gantry.

Andy
Thanks Andy I'll post back here in the morning if I'm having issues.

Many thanks for the offer.

So as the car is outside and no garage to use then I didn't process today due to almost constant rain. I did though work on the blower I picked up locally from Andy d and I've tried to use wd40 to improve how freely the fan turns without any discernable difference. When I turn it in getting about 2 second of spinning before it stops. Good enough or should I be looking to replace with new?

Test it in the car by plugging it in but not fitting it into the half shell. Turn on ignition and select the Climate. Fan should spin smoothly. DO NOT GET YOUR FINGERS OR ANYTHING ELSE TRAPPED IN THE HAMSTERS WHEEL.

Test it in the car by plugging it in but not fitting it into the half shell. Turn on ignition and select the Climate. Fan should spin smoothly. DO NOT GET YOUR FINGERS OR ANYTHING ELSE TRAPPED IN THE HAMSTERS WHEEL.
Andy tested it on a 12v battery when I picked up and it does go round just wondering if that's "good enough"?

Would say it is good enough. You have cleaned out the bearing so a little lubrication spray into the bearing would be beneficial.

Would say it is good enough. You have cleaned out the bearing so a little lubrication spray into the bearing would be beneficial.
Thanks for help all took out fan and it just needed to be cleaned up and put back in and all working fine. My original runs freer than the one I bought so put back in.

Have to say though what a fidgety job from start to finish !

I’ve removed the screws for the motor/fan housing any idea on how to bow removed this, feels like I’m going to snap the plastic

Back