Modification courtesy of L200 Warrior

herusix

Thanks to a blind Bast**d in a Mitsubishi Pick up,I now have the following mods to the rear of my car.

For those who know Tameside I was waiting at top of mottram road in Hattersley waiting to pull onto Mottram roundabout when the above clown decided to use me as a crash barrier shunting me onto the roundabout,luckily no one ran into the side of me or it could have been a lot worse.

I was quite surprised how lightly the A2 came off,the Mitsi had at least the same amount of damage to the front bumper and wing.

When I asked him what happened,he explained that he was looking to the right on the approach to the roundabout,thought I'd gone and went for it.

Now got to wait to see how I get on with the insurers,at the least I think it needs a new rear bumper,rear light,rear number plate surround,and some internal boot trim.
Oh and 2 x whiplash claims,bearing in mind I'm already having physio for a damaged neck and shoulder.

SANY0135.jpg

SANY0140.jpg

Herusix,

I am really sorry to hear of your misfortune and the subsequent damage to your A2 as a result of the incident.

It would appear that the A2 is the subject of some bad luck of late, as I seem to recollect at least 3 or 4 others have suffered similar or worse case scenarios in very recent times. On a positive note, (if there can be such a thing!!); pleased to see that at least your vehicle appears to be repairable and is not even close to ‘right off’ status. Also, an obvious one and more importantly, no serious injuries to yourself as a result either.

Hope that you get the car repaired and restored a.s.a.p.

Regards,

Darren

Wow not another A2, at this rate they'll all become extinct... :(

I see you also have german style number plates, I thought these were illegal to have?

Feel sorry for you. The bumper and light have almost identical damage as to what ares had the other week when some one bashed the car and drove off.

chucknaldo said:

I see you also have german style number plates, I thought these were illegal to have?
Thanks for the comments guys:)

"Chuck" Strictly speaking the licence plates are not legal as the typeface and sizing are not quite right.

However they are clearly legible and I do have a yellow rear plate(proper german spec would be white).I dont think Mr Plod is that concerned either that or they do believe I'm a german on my jolly's.

I do replace them temporarily with english ones for the MOT.

herusix said:
Thanks for the comments guys:)

"Chuck" Strictly speaking the licence plates are not legal as the typeface and sizing are not quite right.

However they are clearly legible and I do have a yellow rear plate(proper german spec would be white).I dont think Mr Plod is that concerned either that or they do believe I'm a german on my jolly's.

I do replace them temporarily with english ones for the MOT.

Alrighty then I was thinking of getting some of these plates for myself but was put off by the warning on the platemakers website. I think they look very nice as I like the typeface or font that they use. :D

Darren C said:
Herusix,

I am really sorry to hear of your misfortune and the subsequent damage to your A2 as a result of the incident.

It would appear that the A2 is the subject of some bad luck of late, as I seem to recollect at least 3 or 4 others have suffered similar or worse case scenarios in very recent times. On a positive note, (if there can be such a thing!!); pleased to see that at least your vehicle appears to be repairable and is not even close to ‘right off’ status. Also, an obvious one and more importantly, no serious injuries to yourself as a result either.

Hope that you get the car repaired and restored a.s.a.p.

Regards,

Darren

That was me.

herusix said:
Thanks for the link,but the other guys insurance should be covering it,he has admitted full liability.
I should be getting my courtesy car shortly,a Alfa Brera no less.

Is the Alfa from Accident Exchange?

A2_SAT said:
That was me.

Erm! and me!!

Good luck with the loan car, SKF arranged one through accident exchange for me too, took the third party insurance 18 months to get their money back and I had to appoint solicitors for them, I'm still waiting for my expenses back 2 years later!!

All the other cars & drivers must be getting jealous of us in our fab A2's so are trying to see us off 1 by 1.
First report on the Alfa Brera coutesy car.
They have lent me a 2.4 20valve JTD and it pulls like a train,seems to be well built but the ergonomics are all over the show and the rear seats are a waste of time even my 6yr old daughter can barely fit in.
Nice to pose round in but would I buy one? No as its too compromised.
However I'am enjoing making use of the 200bhp and masses of torque .

tdiman said:
Erm! and me!!

Good luck with the loan car, SKF arranged one through accident exchange for me too, took the third party insurance 18 months to get their money back and I had to appoint solicitors for them, I'm still waiting for my expenses back 2 years later!!

Was asking cos I start with them on the 16th of April.

A2_SAT said:
Was asking cos I start with them on the 16th of April.

Well I couldn't fault their service but feel they could look at who they have 'clients' appoint as solicitors when third party insurers don't play ball!

I'd have no hesitation in using them again should I be unfortunate enough to require their services, and the A3 sportback FSI sport was rather good but I was glad to get 'eggbert' back though

Can anyone explain where they can see a number plate on the above photos or have I missed out on something?

I think I might like to get some for our A2. Given that we are in Ireland, I can have a white plate on the back.

We already have a blue banner and a Euro flag but with IRL under. It would be great to get that changed to D and have the stamps amongst the figures.

Irish numberplates go Year Year, County County, Number Number Number etc. Ours is 03 C (for Cork) 22228. Counties with larger populations tend to have one letter as opposed to two.

So I could get the D blue band, 02 then the two stamps, then C 22228.

Reckon it would look more interesting than the standard Irish.

chucknaldo said:

How can you see that

i don't see any plates in the pictures

Back