my a2 project

not sure where to put this as the forum does nt have a work in progress section.
so ill stick it in here if thats ok mods??as i plan to modify it somewhat:D

well here it is

48_cimg3419.jpg

debadged as soon as it got home
26062009609-1.jpg

was going to remove the audi rings too but the other half wants to keep them!!
have ordered an kw lowering kit and on the lookout for some tasty interesting wheels!!
luckily the a2 is the same 5 x100 fitment as my new beetle so i can swap around and see what i like.
managed to get a full size spare wheel off ebay by doing a little lateral thinking...for £20 unused .bonus
may have secured a set of these(a favourite all time wheel of mine from back in the day) but they are sooooo expensive that i cant decide whether to buy them or not??
abt v1

abt.jpg

now looking into trimming it as thats what i do as a job(hence the name) but cant decide what colour as i dont really wanna get drawn into retrimming every grey part in there!

so may have to work with the grey??? or go for full on contrast
examples of what i do on a daily basis

100_0077.jpg

100_0078.jpg

P3240088.jpg

DSC00205.jpg

will update as i go any comments welcome
dan

Last edited:
Nice one!

Your work looks fantastic. It will be great to see your project as it develops. Myself and a few other members have a leather retrim on the 'to-do' list. Is this something you'd be interested in, or able to do? PM me if you'd be up for it after you've practiced on your own car!!! :):eek::D

Last edited:
You are such a chancer Sarge:D:D:D

Sarge? :confused: Chancer?:(

I really admire Dan's work and enquired if he's available for a job! No chancing there David. It's a potential opportunity on both sides! At the last count Ben counted around a dozen A2OC'ers who'd consider a retrim :D

Last edited:
^^ what he said.

Personally... I was thinking about outside colour on the armrests, mid-grey on the doorpanels, dark grey / black to suit the dash across the top of the doors and the doorpockets. A / B / C / D pillars in mid grey again, as the roof. The mid grey (Bridge of Wier grey - I can't remember the exact tone, I think it's just "grey" - matches perfectly to the deep grey interior) won't then bring the roof down too much and should fit / contrast with the carpets.

I'd argue using the outside colour thread would be a good idea, with maybe dark grey inserts, pale grey outsides on the seats, too.

Bret

I'd argue using the outside colour thread would be a good idea, with maybe dark grey inserts, pale grey outsides on the seats, too.

Sounds good Bret! I've long pondered what colour combo I'll go for when we get round to a retrim. I think the Ebony Black exterior with Soul Black/Grey interior limits the possibilities a bit. (My ideal would be cream nappa, but this would look daft with the above interior) So I'm reckoning on black side panels with silver inserts and piping for the seats, with silver armrests and headrests. I drove a demo A3 at Glasgow Audi with this 'Exclusive' option and it looked real nice :D

Maybe Dan will have some professional suggestion and inspiration when he starts on his A2!? :) Again, PM me if youre up for a bit of future work. Either way, really looking forward to seeing how your A2 turns out :D

Hi Dan
your work looks interesting and rewarding !
my question is what was your retro thinking too get your spare???
And are beetle wheels the same offset as the a2??
look forward to seeing your progress on your car looks like you could end up with a few extra projects LOL
regards
Dave

will update as i go any comments welcome
dan

Hey Dan, Some great looking work there matey! Can't wait to see what your car looks like as mine is the same colour! ;)

Your work looks fantastic. It will be great to see your project as it develops. Myself and a few other members have a leather retrim on the 'to-do' list. Is this something you'd be interested in, or able to do? PM me if you'd be up for it after you've practiced on your own car!!! :):eek::D

I agree with Murdi, you will have a list of customers waiting for Leather, get your one sorted and let's have some pictures mate

You are such a chancer Sarge:D:D:D

Hey David, I assume your referring to the 'figment of my imagination' spare set of seats then ...LOL :D

Cheers

SARGE

murdo:

biscuit nappa
black thread and piping
wooden gearknob (Ebony, Zebrano, Curly Birch)
biscuit (I think it's "welting") round the carpet mats
biscuit trim on the hut over the odo
biscuit armrests.

Leathering the centre console of the dash means taking it out, which would be a pain, but hey...

Bret

Im looking at getting a re trim too,,,, when i have the money lol

I was thinking medium / dark tan for the seats, handbrake / gear stick gaiter, and also for replacing the grey cloth on the door panels.

Going for this sort of look, similar to new VW Scirocco:

vw-scirocco-coupe-tmr-6.jpg

John

Sarge? :confused: Chancer?:(

I really admire Dan's work and enquired if he's available for a job! No chancing there David. It's a potential opportunity on both sides! At the last count Ben counted around a dozen A2OC'ers who'd consider a retrim :D

Hi Murdo wouldnt mind a retrim myself. A nice cream leather would look outstandin:D

Hey David, I assume your referring to the 'figment of my imagination' spare set of seats then ...LOL :D

Cheers

SARGE[/QUOTE]

Hi Sarge seats are still there:D. I have one guy from the forum looking at taking them for the mechanism bit of a waste really.Other than that they are yours;)Just dont know how to get them down to you. I could stick a label on them and hope for the best I suppose:).

abt v1

abt.jpg

Liking your style Dan, I've been looking out for a set of those ABT V1's for a while now, I almost snagged a set off one of the German forum members but alas it fell through. :(
Nice seat work too matey :D

hi everyone

yes im up for doing some retrims!
i have only one problem which ill state now so everyone knows!!
i work on porsche cars full time and do vag stuff as a bit of a side line in my own time after hours!
so i cant take your car and turn it round in a week fully trimmed!!! as theyre simply aint enough hours in the day!!!lol

what most people do is either buy a second hand set of seats that they give me to trim, as and when i can ,so that theyre not without seats for weeks on end!
if i can manage to source a set in good working order with good foams i will be able to offer an exchange service then once ive trimmed them in what ever spec u want ,you give me your seats and payment in exchange

at the moment we are so busy at work that im not taking any jobs on,but ill b back on it soon.
i can still do small jobs ,gear gaitors etc though

shao kahn,you get about as much s i do?? what you driving now m8?

also im looking for a n/s rear seat to nick the mechanism out of the fix mine,anybody got one???sarge im told you might be the man to ask?
if not -davidmac is yours still for sale???

cheers
dan

I'm up for it,
I dont have to be first though.
I think I will get a spare set first and get back to you

Me too Roy boy - I've sent Dan a PM. :D
The used seat idea could prove a little awkward with my bench seat. I'll do the rounds anyway. What does the club reckon on paying for a used set of seats? ;)

Porschetrimr

Just a tip, the Mechanism isn’t that expensive to buy from a dealer anyway, it would probably work out cheaper than buying a used rear seat

Back