New 2 A2

nitzke

Hi

I have recently purchased a 1.4 bottom of the range 2001 reg.A2 with 103,000 miles on it. One owner, FSH from dealer and looks like new!!!

Everyone vey impressed by it but I have a few niggles. Front rattling, which cannot be heard above road noise when drivers window open is beginning to annoy me!!! Secondly I am still trying to find a comfortable driving position. I am 6'1" and I wonder how other taller drivers have managed. My final niggle is that it does not have a parcel shelf or did it have a roller thingy? Cannot seem to track down one of those.

Lastly should I continue to have it serviced at an Audi SS? I have used a local Garage for some time for previous non Audi vehicle.

If anyone has the time to reply, I will be grateful.

Hi

I have recently purchased a 1.4 bottom of the range 2001 reg.A2 with 103,000 miles on it. One owner, FSH from dealer and looks like new!!!

Everyone vey impressed by it but I have a few niggles. Front rattling, which cannot be heard above road noise when drivers window open is beginning to annoy me!!! Secondly I am still trying to find a comfortable driving position. I am 6'1" and I wonder how other taller drivers have managed. My final niggle is that it does not have a parcel shelf or did it have a roller thingy? Cannot seem to track down one of those.

Lastly should I continue to have it serviced at an Audi SS? I have used a local Garage for some time for previous non Audi vehicle.

If anyone has the time to reply, I will be grateful.

I'm 6' 4" and find it perfect – I have the seat as low as it will go and everything seems to fall in to place just right, one of the best cars I have driven for that in fact.

The roller/parcel shelf was an option on earlier models, they can be found on eBay for around £60, although other members have managed a better deal than that. Can't see any at the moment, so keep trying.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Audi-A2-Retra...s=66:4|65:1|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:200

Sometime a member might be selling one, so watch for that too!

Dealers can be ok, personal preference really. Depends on the job of course... they do have a free MOT running at the moment, and fixed prices for the big jobs so you should know what you are lined up for.

Last edited:

You can also consider Seat or Skoda dealer service it might be cheaper than Audi. As the A2 engine is very common for small Skoda and Seats they probably know it better.

Hi nitzke, welcome to the A2oc
The front end rattle could be the anti-rollbar bushes or the droplinks. A broken front spring is also a possibility.
Members without aircon suggest juggling with the front and rear window openings to optimise airflow through the car without the 'booming' noise which can occur with just the front windows open.
I'm 6' 3" and find the driving position more comfortable than most bigger cars like the A6 etc. The seat base moves independently of the backrest so it can help if you have the base slightly lower than normal to get the most support from the backrest.

I'd also recommend Skipton Autos for servicing etc

Cheers Spike

Thanks to you all for your responses. I wondered whether the annoying noise was bonnet vibration, so will have a look at that if it ever stops raining. I may be over to Skipton sooner rather than later if I cannot sort it myself.

I have also discovered the void below the drivers floor pan-anyone know the purpose of this...apart from stowing emergency rations?

Back