new owner

URBAN

hi everyone,

hopefully collecting a 2003 a2 tdi this saturday,just wondering if there is a buyers guide anywhere on here:confused: would like to find out any common problems to look for.

cheers urban

The search engine within the site is spectacularly poor and you'll find it's much better to use google to search the site using a command like:

site:a2oc.net buyers guide

The first link after punching the above in gave http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?15555-Buying-Tips and the second post in this thread includes a link to another thread that looks to have the sort of info your looking for.

Andy B

well i picked the car up on saturday and im happy so far but takes some getting used to after driving a 220bhp honda accord type R although not going to the garage for juice in three days is fantastic:D,couple of things ordered like mats,heko winddeflectors and another keyfob as one is a bit worn and tempramental. one thing i can,t get my head round is the climate control seems to fire up on full speed whenever the car is started,i have tried setting it to 22c and put it on auto but still seems noisy whenever the car is started???

well i picked the car up on saturday and im happy so far but takes some getting used to after driving a 220bhp honda accord type R although not going to the garage for juice in three days is fantastic:D,couple of things ordered like mats,heko winddeflectors and another keyfob as one is a bit worn and tempramental. one thing i can,t get my head round is the climate control seems to fire up on full speed whenever the car is started,i have tried setting it to 22c and put it on auto but still seems noisy whenever the car is started???

I think you will find the climate control does this to bring down the inside temp to whatever you have it set at as quickly as possible and then you notice the fan speed decreases as the internal temp falls. Otherwise push "econ" button which is the economical setting. Of course it will take longer to get the temp down inside the car. :D

Hi Urban,

The Econ button turns off the compressor, so effectively you’d be running without air conditioning.

To have the fan spin at a sensible speed from startup try not using the Auto button.
Set the flaps for your desired airflow, so that’s feet, middle or windscreen, and then set the desired temp and fan speed.
When you turn the climate control on it will now run at the set levels until you hit the auto button.

Cheers

Jeff

had a full service done and added some matts and wind deflectors,sent an email off to stealth about a remap and cambelt work then i might look at wheels..

Its looking good:)

The remap was the best thing I did. It transforms the car.

Don't forget the water pump when you do the cam belt. But Iam sure that Vince would advise you that anyway.

Cheers

David

Back