Parcel shelf

roberte8

Hi. This is my first post, as I've only just bought my second-hand A2. It's great in every way -- the only problem (it's an insignificant one, I know) is that it's missing its parcel shelf. I tried the previous owners, thinking it may have been lying forgotten in their garage, but they said it was already missing when they got it. Does anybody have any ideas about where I might be able to get hold of one?

Thanks.

Robert

On early A2s, the parcel shelf was an extra!

Some one on here may have one, or failing that, Ebay and breakers are a good bet.

Welcome to the wonderful world of A2 by the way!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Robert, welcome to the A2oc
Do you mean the 'roller blind' type cover which hides the contents of the boot or the false boot floor which covers the spacesaver spare wheel ?
Either way, I'd get a price from your Audi dealer first then check the breakers on e.bay - just be aware there are a few colour options.

Cheers Spike

There are 4 colours for reference - beige, light gray, dark gray and black. The dealership price is a tad less than £150 for the roller cover.

Cheers,

Mike

re. "There are 4 colours for reference"

Mine was described by the parts dept at Lincoln Audi as 'platinum'. Not sure if this makes it 5 colour options or whether it equates to 'beige'.

All the other interior trim parts I've ordered for my car are also colour coded as 'platinum'.

Many thanks for your posts! I spotted the one on eBay (wrong colour, but I could live with that), and I've put out a request to breakers.

Are there differences between models/years, or will every A2 parcel shelf fit every A2?

Robert

If you whip out the little storage unit at the back of the handbrake (just lift it vertically upwards), there's a sticker on the bottom with the colour code. Post the code here and someone will tell you the correct colour.

Cheers,

Mike

Bret

Yep, did the Skipton01 test and mine is EC3. Weird that my local UK Audi dealer describes that code as platinum, as did VAGparts when I ordered a rear cupholder from them and an underseat storage box.

Alan

I honestly don't know (and don't really care) how Audi have translated these, I use the German originals ;) - but why did they leave the "pale" out? strange <whatever>

Bret

I have a grey/charcoal one, a spare wheel back seats an some other stuff.Ma wee A2 was written off this mornin rolled on an oily road:(held up really well though the airbags didnt deploy.So gonna rob some bits off it after insurance man has been an gon:eek:so I am on the market for another A2

Last edited:
Back