RallyDay Show Chatsworth House Sep29th/30th

wooly A2

Im looking ahead at possible A2 Social events and stumbled on this RallyDay
Event at Chatsworth House ,Derbyshire,September 29th/30th ....
http://www.s130239007.websitehome.co.uk/chatsworth/index.html

I Have emailed the organizers and all Car Clubs not just Rally Car Clubs are welcome to join in this Event and Display there Cars .........
The Rally Event should prove quite a spectacle in the Very Beautiful grounds of Chatsworth House and if the ladies would like to attend But dont want to be talking cars allday then Chatsworth house is one of the best Historic houses in the country which also has beautiful Gardens and a very nice restuarant so this will be a welcome distraction from the RallyShow.......
Chatsworth house is in Derbyshire which is also situated nr one of the most glorious areas of the country the Peak District .......

At This stage I Would just like to get an idea of how many people would be interested in attending as this will be a popular event ,space will be a premium and maybe we can get a discount depending on how many people show an interest ........
We had a great time at the recent camping trip so it would be really nice to see those faces again as well as some new ones Please let me know if you are interested and i will look more into how much it will cost for us to display our cars at this event ......:)
Anyone for camping ;)it would be nice to finish of that BBQ that we started LOL !!!!:)
http://www.chatsworth.org/
http://www.peakdistrict.org/

Last edited:
We will be there (promise to hide my A2x2 better this time, like in the main carpark!!) probably camping weather dependant, it'll be the last weekend for that, hope the weathers better than current.

Mike

I'll try and make it, looks like a good event :)

Mike: Any developments re the castle trip?

Not sure that it is going to be viable between now and October, but I'm getting more details sent and I think it'd be a good event to look forward to for about April/May next year, when we can take advantage of the daytime events too.

Cheers,

Mike

It would seem that most of the people that are interested in coming to this event are from the camping trip ...Is everyone intested in turning this into a camping Trip as i will need to look around for a suitable campsite ..........

I'll probably be able to make that, although you must all be aware that Chatsworth don't allow camping or BBQ's in the grounds. There are plenty of campsites within a few miles though, and lots of great driving roads.

We were there (along with 292 others) for a TVR car club meet in April.

They've got a great Garden center as well.

PS if you find any possible camp sites I'd be happy to check them over and send photo's, I'm only 30 mins from Chatsworth.

It would seem that most of the people that are interested in coming to this event are from the camping trip ...Is everyone intested in turning this into a camping Trip as i will need to look around for a suitable campsite ..........

Yes - Ang has the bug now. We've spent the whole weekend in various camping emporiums!

Cheers,

Mike

Sounds good how long we going camping for?

Any joy on the camp front?

I've been looking at Google Earth for some and it seems that the nearest is on the outskirts of Bakewell.

Cheers,

Mike

Any joy on the camp front?

I've been looking at Google Earth for some and it seems that the nearest is on the outskirts of Bakewell.

Cheers,

Mike
HI Mike
I have been on the case although i have been snowed under with work ,
some of the campsites nearer Chatsworth as recomended to me by a work colleague
look nice but wont take large groups or say they are booked up .....

I Have found a larger site at Ashbourne which is about twenty miles from Chatsworth and they say they may be able to accomodate us take a look and see what you think .......

http://www.callowtop.co.uk/

and here are some reviews about the site

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=2331

It really is a bit of a mindfield trying to find a nice campsite you dont want one thats 2 noisy or 2 small with no facilites , Ullswater Lake campsite in the Peak District would be great if only we could move it to the Peak District , We drive past Carsington Lake on the way to and from the campsite ,thinking photo opportunities again ......

If anyone knows of any nice campsites in this area and would like us to consider them please let us know
Cheers Carl ;)

Carl,
I'll consult with fellow campers, we have been to several round the white peak area, Sharadobah is one which is very good, close to M1 and Chesterfield I'd guess around 15 minutes drive to Chatsworth,
Mike

Back