Recaro make baseframes for the Audi A2

tomhasana2

Hi all,

Have been searching through the forum to try to find if anybody has previously put Recaro seats into an A2. I have found a few threads about S3 Recaro seats requiring modification to the baseframes, as well as other seats (TT, etc.) that can be made to fit with modifications to the baseframes.

I like the idea of a seat swap, but am not keen to modify baseframes for safety reasons so I continued searching through google in Spanish, German, etc. to see if any other forums had successfully installed Recaros, and while doing so, came across Spanish sites selling Recaro baseframes for the Audi A2!

I contacted Recaro UK from their main website including the links to the Spanish sites selling the A2 frames, Recaro then forwarded my message to their main UK importer (https://www.capitalseating.co.uk/) who replied (February, 2021):

"Thanks for the information. That's interest – the part numbers the Spanish dealers are quoting were ones used by RECARO for the baseframes when the A2 ones were under development, but we never received any direct confirmation from them that they had been completed. But apparently they have been!

So it appears we can source them for you. These are priced at £230.00 plus VAT per seat and normal lead times on baseframes is currently around 4-5 weeks approximately.

If you would like to place an order, please contact our sales office on 0116 216 9910 and we can get that arranged for you."

Hopefully this should open up more options for front seat swaps with minimal modification. Will update this thread if/when I purchase and install.

Does anybody have experience fitting these baseframes?

Thanks,

T

Last edited:
Well that's a great find and would allow all sorts of bucket seats etc to be fitted.

The cost may be a limiting factory for some though at £460 a pair, but considering you can buy a fair of TT recaro seats for £80, the overall cost isn't all that bad.

Why would you have to lose airbag function? It would only be chnaging the base.

Read the text as a wiring harness with a resistor is included; ie the Recaro seat is without the seat airbag. But misunderstood if the Recaro seat also has sideairbag, my apology

No height adjustment though.

Read the text as a wiring harness with a resistor is included; ie the Recaro seat is without the seat airbag. But misunderstood if the Recaro seat also has sideairbag, my apology

No height adjustment though.

I think this would be the case if you were to fit a full bucket seat to the frame. If you use it for a TT/S3 seat then the airbag wiring is attached to the seat rather than the frame.

@Jellybean what do you think?
Those were A3 Recaros you had off me. Just used std A2 wiring loom, and had full functions for seat position. I think a set of brackets as supplied with the seats are an easier fitment, will certainly be cheaper.
Will chase up my fabricator for prices. Have 2 sets of brackets on order, one to put TT seats in Jelly, and a spare set.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Well that's a great find and would allow all sorts of bucket seats etc to be fitted.

The cost may be a limiting factory for some though at £460 a pair, but considering you can buy a fair of TT recaro seats for £80, the overall cost isn't all that bad.
A pair of TT Recaros for £80,really?
Mac.

Standard TT leather seats. Are they not recaro?

I know the Pole positions are £2000 normally.
Hey @A2Steve
No, the standard Mk1 TT seats are Audi. Pole Positions were standard on the QS (limited edition of 1165 built, 800 for UK, 240bhp, very rare, and average ones are £10000+). Used Mk1 TT Poles are like rocking horse manure, and not much cheaper than new.
So, if you come across a pair let me know!
What seats are in your TT (if it's still with you, how could you sell it... don't understand some people) ?
Mac.

Last edited:
Not sure if it's been covered this time around but fairly sure these Recaro seat bases only work with their aftermarket seats.

Recaros from S3s, Golfs etc have unique custom bases which are integral with the seat, not bolt on

Cheers Spike

Hey @A2Steve

What seats are in your TT (if it's still with you, how could you sell it... don't understand some people) ?
Mac.

Just swing grey leather. I’ve changed the shocks all round and it had 3 broken springs. Not having something to compare it with I just thought the TT handling was a little sloppy. It’s a different car now and I’m enjoying it.

Just swing grey leather. I’ve changed the shocks all round and it had 3 broken springs. Not having something to compare it with I just thought the TT handling was a little sloppy. It’s a different car now and I’m enjoying it.

So these bases would be great for someone looking to make an A2 a track car, but not much else ?

No banging your head on getting in Steve or have you mastered that after the first few knocks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this is a bit of thread hijack, but is there anyone who can supply/fabricate converter plates for TT/A3 seats for the A2?

Back