Chat Rip off fuel prices

Gritty

With fuel prices at an all time high I`m so glad I own a frugal A2 tdi, this is the cheapest none supermarket fuel I can find near to where i live, my local garage ESSO have put their prices up every week to £1.55 ......total rip off merchants!! 20211221_143715.jpg

Last edited:
A suggestion if you’re worried about it - You you can save a pound on every tankful but buying the Millers diesel additive to replace the missing additives in cheap supermarket fuel. I’ve been doing that on my vehicles since I repatriated from overseas last year.

I suspect with the world locking down again the price will fall back ten to fifteen pence per litre soon.

A suggestion if you’re worried about it - You you can save a pound on every tankful but buying the Millers diesel additive to replace the missing additives in cheap supermarket fuel. I’ve been doing that on my vehicles since I repatriated from overseas last year.

I suspect with the world locking down again the price will fall back ten to fifteen pence per litre soon.
Even with greedy retailers My A2 always delivers on fuel economy...... just one of the many positives I love about this car!

Well I do agree that making some adjustments to your driving style is always going to give the greatest benefits, combined with the above tip and ensuring the car is mechanically in rude health is all you can do. All diesel A2s should be able to return minimum 55-60mpg .

I've stopped using my regular Shell in Chesham, after all three fuel retailers in town (the others are Esso and BP) reached £154.9 recently. This was just greedy in my opinion and smacks of collusion, since in the process they became more expensive than Shell in Tring which has a monopoly there! That stayed at £152.9 and has gone up in my estimation, having also led the way back down to £149.9 this week. However at the worst in Leighton Buzzard the Shell reached £151.9. That's the power of two supermarkets in town also selling fuel.

I've found it interesting that Diesel local to me is cheapest at independent forecourts, with the supermarkets more expensive. This has persisted for some weeks now, whereas it has been a rare occurrence over many years for an independent to match, let alone be cheaper than, a supermarket.

Just noticed the Jet nearest me is currently 143.9 for Diesel.. I think we're being subsidised by our rich cousins in West Sussex?

I just go to my local Tesco - and fill up for free!

RAB

179.9 round here at the cheapest non-supermarket (a Texaco). 175.9 at Tesco although they ran out a week ago....

Filled the a2 today at my local Morrisons 186.9 p a litre it is the most expensive I have paid cost me £50 this morning to go from 1/4 to full on a 42 litre tank tdi
So a quick bit of man maths (basic)
£8.84 a gallon at 60mpg a2
£8.50 to fill my bmw i3S to increase range by 150 miles 26p a kWh at my local podpoint rapid

So not looking at purchase price it’s still way cheeper to run an electric car. @ circa 155 miles per gallon of electricity.
Still enjoy my a2 though.

Back