Rolling Road/Air Museum/Curry Meet

Skipton01

Admin Team
Hi everyone,

Just to judge numbers, how many people would be interested in attending a Sunday meet in the Coventry area, which would include a rolling-road test (for those that want to), a few hours looking around a local air museum ( http://www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk/ ) and a slap up meal at a highly recommended local restaurant.

Robin, one of our Midlands members will be making enquiries as to the possibilities of a group photo around one of the last examples of an Avro Vulcan bomber, which would be a great backdrop and a really eye-catching sight.

We would drive, convoy-style, from the Rollong Road session to Baginton Airport, nearby.

The rolling road session would be held at Stealth Racing in Southam ( http://www.stealthracing.co.uk/ ). The meal would be at either an Indian or Chinese restaurant, whicheve people prefer.

So please, let me (and Robin) know about potential numbers.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

This sounds like a great idea to me!!:)

I for one am really interested and will be keen to attend. The 'rolling road' session together with another club 'get together' so soon after Castle Combe is spot on in terms of increasing our number of annual social events!

I am sure, given the 'ADI' turn out and the central location, that there will be alot of interest from other members too!!

Just name the date!!;)

Regards

Darren

P.S. Well done for organising this one Mike!!

Cheers for your interest Darren - it's early doors yet, but I think a viable date would be mid-November. Much later and we're into the whole Xmas thing and I don't think we could organise it for much earlier.

Cheers,

Mike

I echo what Darren said :)

Sounds like a great idea for a nicely varied day, I'd be up for it - when did you have in mind?

Indian would be my choice :p

Ian

EDIT: Mike posted whilst I was posting... Mid November would be out for me as I'm on holiday after the first week until the 20th :(

:D Count me in to . Think it would be another great day out and a chance to build on the successful event at Castle Combe.

Great to see some one else come up with an idea for a social
I Will be there just depends on the date mid to late November
better for me ,
Its the Vulcan that does it for me ....

PS....Curry wins by a Mile ...

Last edited:
Hey Mike
just looked at the website for the Air Museum
and we can get a group discount if we can get
10 people to sign up for this ........

yup, I'm in

sounds great. Look forward to getting a date that we we can pencil in.
If you manage mid November, hats off to you!

Cars and planes and curry! What can I say!

From Robin:

hi mike
for the roling road day the charge is if we get 20+ car's £25.00 under 20 car's £30each
regards
robin

He also tells me that Sunday 26th November is available (they only do rolling road sessions on a Sunday morning).

So, names please!

Cheers,

Mike

:D Count me in.

Mine's a Chicken Tikka Masala!

(Wonder if an A2 would fit in the Vulcan bomb bay!)

You're not wrong! Ooopps, mistake now rectified - Sunday 26th it is, so come on, what are you waiting for!

Cheers,
Mike

just been to the air musem at baginton have booked the 26thfor a guided tour and we can take cars in for a photo with the planes wich is a plus.
It is £4.75adults and £4.25 oap's
have also booked stealth.
The start time for rolling road is 09.00hrs.
If you go to stealth's web site there is a map how to get there
as for curry or chinese.
The chinese is a buffet, will need number's, I have been to it very good yum yum
The curry will need number's also
i will have to fined a curry house and try it out( not a nice job but somebody has to do it !! ha ha)

all we need now is for all too register on the events calender
and make it another good day out for all

cheers

robin

Hi,

Good work. Consider yourself the new Northern Social Secretary.

I'm attending... but can we do the curry please? I turn into a pumpkin if I eat any MSG!

I'll send out an e-mail to the list later to drum up numbers.

Ben

Nice one Robin - sounds like it'll be a cracking day out.

Thanks for your help in sorting things out locally - much appreciated.

All we need now are more takers and good weather!

Cheers,

Mike

Hey Robin do you know how much it cost's for
4 wheel alignment and would this service be available
on the day from Stealth Racing ......

Back