Spare key for A2

Neil Thain

Hello all, I am new to the A2, always have had Audi's but this car is something else, anyway I am looking for another key for it where is the best place to get one for the ignition, my local care key supplier said that they cannot get one.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Neil Thain

Welcome to the fold. The man for all things electrical on A2 is @timmus, who can organise spare keys for you. He is an absolute genius. you need to contact him via message and he will come back to you.

All the best,

Simon

Hello Neil,

Simon above suggests a very good option. Before we can provide further assistance/options can you confirm that you have access to VCDS and that you’re able ti obtain the secret key code (SKC).

Have a look at this link below which explains the coding/pairing process Along with where replacement/spare key blades and fobs can be purchased for not a lot of money:

Happy to answer and further questions but if you have none of the software to grab the SKC and subsequently code/pair the immobiliser chips and remote half to the CCCU then Tom @timmus is your best option. He’s not a million miles from you either.

Kind regards,

Tom

Distances aside, I’m more than happy to help.
It’s always nice to see fellow club members land at my place, though it’s looking increasingly likely that I will be heading to Scotland in June to work on A2s when @George Hogg hosts his A2 get-together. If that isn’t too far in the future, then a convenient local opportunity is in the pipeline.

In case you haven’t seen it, this thread provides a decent overview of what I do…

All the best,

Tom

Welcome to the fold. The man for all things electrical on A2 is @timmus, who can organise spare keys for you. He is an absolute genius. you need to contact him via message and he will come back to you.

All the best,

Simon
Good morning,
Thanks for this information and I will make contact.
All the best and have a good day.
Cheers
Neil

Hello
I have a problem with the window wipers when going over bumps, it taps on the windshield but when the wipers are on it does not touch the screen, am I missing a part for the wiper arm ? its two metal lumps under the middle of the wiper arm
thanks in advance for any info.
Regards

Neil

Hello
I have a problem with the window wipers when going over bumps, it taps on the windshield but when the wipers are on it does not touch the screen, am I missing a part for the wiper arm ? its two metal lumps under the middle of the wiper arm
thanks in advance for any info.
Regards

Neil
you have the classic worn wiper arm problem. @depronman of this parish restores them to eliminate the sloppiness and tendency to scratch the windscreen - I have the fruit of his efforts on all three of our A2s.

Do you have the original (hooked) or late (aeroblade) wiper type? For the originals, fitting a new Bosch AR70 replacement blade raises the mechanism away from the window slightly which can help as a temporary measure before getting a renovated wiper arm.

see -

There's also the issue of the little rubber nipple which fits to the underside of the wiper arm pivot, which normally goes missing after a few years and allows the pivot to remain proud of the glass.

Little taps are nothing to worry about, but watch out for releasing the arm back from a distance (after washing the screen for instance) as the slap back without the nipple may see the glass crack!!

There's also the issue of the little rubber nipple which fits to the underside of the wiper arm pivot, which normally goes missing after a few years and allows the pivot to remain proud of the glass.

Little taps are nothing to worry about, but watch out for releasing the arm back from a distance (after washing the screen for instance) as the slap back without the nipple may see the glass crack!!
Easily sorted with a pencil rubber and super glue 👌 😀

Attachments

• 16743091243406161761729695074660.jpg
    16743091243406161761729695074660.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 84
Or a little blob of silicone on the underside of the rivets.

Had a screen let go on her car that just had a little tap, that was until she hit a pot hole and gained a nice 10 inch crack in the screen!!!!

Back