sssuuusspenssion

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

s pudsey

Hello all

Just thought that you might like to hear of my lovely suspension issues. I had noticed a knocking noise from under the bonnet for some weeks and took it to the dealer last week, who confirmed my paranoia. This week I had masses of parts replaced, from suspension struts to roll-bar linkages and it sounds just lovely again. Has anyone else experienced such fun? I even considered trading it in, but you dont want to hear about its "book value", it does not make for comfortable reading. They did lend me a 1.8T A3 - nice. With my insurance history it would be a disaster to own anything above a group5.

Simon

Mar01 1.4A2 Open Sky, Bad electrics,odd clutch and very nasty paint effect caused by a "bug shifter", not polishable.....

Simon,

I suppose if you traded the A2 in you could get one of those motors that are as alluring as dogs muck. You know – those things that fly past A2’s and have comfortable suspension, together with super clutches, great gearboxes, and low depreciation. I can’t remember the name or model off hand, but it will come to me.

Regards
John Disdale

JD-your thinking of a SEAT Leon........

Or a Perudu Nippa, or Suzuki Swift.........

s pudsey-go on-give me a giggle-what was your trade in figure-I need a laugh this time of the morning...

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

I think it might be the Golf Pd TDI,What a lovely car,its the only car on this forum that meets the spec described .
regards Stevo

Come on STEVO, we all know Golf drivers are trying to make for something missing in their lives........

Give you to Christmas and then you will be driving one or something similar,regards Stevo

You are going the same way as i did,one can only make so many visits to their dealer before getting really pissed off.

With the trade-in value I've been given.....I may as well burn money on the fire. I'll keep the old girl for the time being and await the first few new A3's to trickle onto the used market before I trade-in.

Arn't Niblicks driven by old men? [}:)][}:)][}:)][}:)]

icon_smile_cool.gif

OK, Berndt here.
Listen up you expensive bank of deigners. I want a new Niblick. All singing and all dancing. Blue mood lighting to be different, but remember, If you change the outside you will go to the Russan FronT!
New Niblick appears, looks like old niblick with no calloway influences at all!:(
Good.[8D]

icon_smile_cool.gif

Its(The A2) currently "booking" Eight thousand five hundred pounds but could be less....... (I wrote in words as numbers would look just too damn small).

Golf (n)- the most boring car on the planet
But hey! what else I am I going to replace it with... Vel Satis (!!)

Mar01 1.4A2 Open Sky, Bad electrics,odd clutch and very nasty paint effect caused by a "bug shifter", not polishable.....

HA HA HA HE HE HE

Yep, gave me a good laugh....and I thought my £10,500 was bad enough......

I just hope it evens out and doesn't drop anymore-that way in three years it will seem like a good trade-in.......but somehow I think I'm talking sphericals.

Well I got offered 7800 GBP for mine.
2001 1.4se petrol with 7500 on the clock, full leather and speaker upgrade...
I think 8500 is a great offer [:eek:)]

The only way the depreciation of an A2 could even out would be if over the next 2 years a secondhand car dropped by zero, and I certainly do not see that happening. After all how on earth could you have a car with 7,500 miles on the clock being worth the same in another 2 years with 30,000 on the clock – its impossible.

The depreciation on new cars is always a disaster, but with the A2 having an alleged loss over 3 years of 50% I reckon it will end up being closer to 65/70%. Thankfully (according to this months Auto Car) the boring Golf TDI (that no one wants) is said to drop by only 35% - although personally I am not holding my breath.

Regards
John Disdale

True, the golf holds its value exceptionally well.
And... If you must know it was on my original shortlist for this car purchase. The true reason for my lack of enthusiasm for the golf is more likley to be a result of my failure to have picked it first time round.........

New A3? (££££)[:p]

If you look in this weeks Autocar, the "Deals" pages says this:

"The Audi A2 is an extremely desirable and competent supermini. But we wouldn't recommend spending £13k on a posh Fiesta rival. We'd rather go used and pick up an 00X 1.4SE from a dealer for a much more tempting £8995".

So there you have it-imagine the trade in figure for the dealer to push out the A2 at £9k-shall we say £7.5k?.

The thing is do I take the hit now, or wait a couple of years and see what happens???.

How on earth can you call an A2 a posh Fiesta. Heavens if you see a 12 year old Ford on the streets today it will look like a pile of junk – but not so with Audi’s. Built to last.

I did think it rather strange to call it a supermini where a few pages on is their european reader car of the year nomination form where the A2 comes under small hatch along with the likes of Focus and Civic...

I don't think Autocar see the point of the A2. It's still the nicest small car to sit in (in my humble opinion). Would you have a car with a blue oval, that's the question?
I don't know whether you should take the hit now Steve. I did, and I'm glad to say I don't regret the change; but I wasn't having any problems with my A2, I just made the wrong choice for me.

MartinW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back