Things you might not know about A2 (please add)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potato

You might know some of these already, but these were all new to me!

1. Extra sunvisor above rear view mirror! I found this by accident, does help when the sun shines just above the mirror!?

2. Raindrops sound completelly different to other cars from inside, because of the aluminuim roof!

A2 1.6fsi sport climate cd amulet red

On the Concert II headunit, by turning the knob opposite the volume (where you do bass, treble etc) whilst a CD is playing, you can quickly go through tracks (both up and down). Saves proding the button to get to track 10!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Great these hints I am going in to my garage now to try them out immidiatly.:)

Jeff Huisman
2000 silver coloured A2 with some options :)

I found the little thing above the mirror but I think I have the wrong concert radio as we only have 1 turning button.
Which only works with the volume.;)

Jeff Huisman

yoyoman-mine is a concert II front load single cd unit, so if you only have one knob your in trouble!.

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

[8D]you can see our stereo on page 5 of the european owners is that the same ? as yours
Or is it a different type ours has a cd changer in the back of the car and has I think 8 speakers and a huge big amp beneath one of the seats.:D
I cant check it right now as I have a nice day off and my wife is earning some money and she took the Audi *(thats her car really).
So I have to pushbike arround [:eek:)]*(it is minus 8 centigrade here)[8)] Or use my van *(what I prefer with this extreme coldness outside. :)

Jeff Huisman

No laughing - there's a hand-hold in the boot lid to help you close the boot so you don't get mucky fingers and finger marks on you or the car.
i'm sure everyone knows it but we only just spotted it :) it takes a bit of getting used to but is useful when you do

Hi, here are some facts I've discovered

All TDI's are equipped with an additional heater.
The TDI has a really big accu, of 80AH, so go ahead and help your neighbour getting started.
The standard alloy wheels are not suited for snowchains, you need steel rims for snowchains.
The space behind the front interior light is empty and you can see the roof through it, isolate it and the roof becomes more quite.
Cruise control can be fitted at the garage and is then actuallu cheaper than factory fitted (maybe only in the Netherlands because of the tax).
There is a lot of room in the front footwells. Enough to install amplifiers or satnav systems.
The CC has memory settings dependent on which key is used. Audi radio's have this too. Use the other key and you can store different settings.
Because of the shape of the rear window, all cars that drive behind me look like A2's :)
People actually stop and stare at the car :) And I get funny reactions at gas stations, like "What ?? Is that small car a diesel !?!?!"
Although it small on the outside it feels and drives like a bigger car.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

some a2's have a radio controlled clock that sets itself automatically

HOT AND COLD:

A TDi has:
a heater for the diesel fuel and a cooler for the diesel fuel,
a heater for the diesel engine and a cooler for the engine (radiator),
a cooler for the compressed air going into the engine (intercooler),
a heater for the interior and an optional cooler for the interior (climate control),
a cooler for the engine oil,
even a cooler for the heater for the air that goes into the engine.
Some cars have a heater for the water in the screen washers and mirrors.

The engine of a TDi breathes in pressurised air. The pressure is the same as in the front tyres.

Chivers ':)'
'02 A2 1.4TDi SE

quote:Originally posted by N00N00

some a2's have a radio controlled clock that sets itself automatically

The dealer told me that all A2's have this, I think that's bollocks.

My guess is that only the A2's with factory fitted satnav systems have a self setting clock.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

More HOT AND COLD:

An 1.2 TDI has additionally:

an exhaust cooler in the recirculation system

Martin

The little sun visor thingy is amazing. I've driven 53k miles in my A2 and never knew it was there!

If my new Allroad is anything to go by, it has SatNav (and TV even!) but the clock is not set by radio. The handbook suggests that some cars do have this feature, but I suspect that it is Germany only (and maybe some other European countries). I think that this is not available in the UK. Audi may not have subscribed to the Rugby radio clock transmitter...

Paul
1.4TDi, leather, Open Sky, BOSE, 6 CD, alu trim, cruise, DIS, etc. etc.

Some cool things, wich you can try...

Changing Degree Temperature Display:

Press and hold the recirculation button. Then press the temperature up ("+") button to switch between degrees Celsius & Fahrenheit on the Climate Control Temperature and Instrument Panel Outside Temperature displays.

Accessing On-Board Diagnostic codes:

Press and hold the recirculation button. Then press the manual flow control up arrow. You should see a 1c. Press the temperature up ("+") or down ("-") buttons to select a code number. Then press the recirculation button again. The value should display. Press the temperature up or down button again to display another code.
NOTE: Air Flow Motor (V 71) and Potentiometer (G 113) are not installed in USA/Canada vehicles. Disregard values displayed for these components.

Code Displayed Value

1 System malfunction - displayed as a Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC), see chart below
2 Digital value of Interior Temperature Sensor, in Headliner (G 86)
3 Digital value of Interior Temperature Sensor, in Instrument Panel (G 56)
4 Digital value of Fresh Air Intake Duct Temperature Sensor (G 89)
5 Digital value of Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor (G 17), front
6 Digital value of Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor
7 Digital value of Ambient Temperature Sensor At Fresh Air Blower (G 109)
8 Digital value of Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92)
9 Delta value of Temperature Regulator Flap
10 Non-corrected specified value of Temperature Regulator Flap
11 Digital value of Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)
12 Specified value of Central Flap
13 Digital value of Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 114)
14 Specified value of Footwell/Defroster Flap
15 Digital value of Air Flow Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 113)
16 Specified value of Air Flow Flap
17 Vehicle Speed (km/h)
18 Actual Air Blower voltage (Volts)
19 Specified Fresh Air Blower voltage (Volts)
20 A/C Compressor (A/C Clutch) voltage (Volts)
21 Number of low voltage occurrences, non-transient
22 Cycle condition of A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch (F 118)
23 Cyclings of the A/C Refrigerant High Pressure Switch (F 118)
24 Cyclings of the switches, absolute non-fluctuating
25 Analog/Digital value, Kick-Down Switch
26 Analog/Digital value, Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Warning Light
27 Coding value
28 Engine Speed (RPM)
29 A/C Compressor speed in rpm (Equals Engine Speed x 1.28)
30 Software version
31 Display check (all segments of A/C Control Head display light up)
32 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Temperature Regulator Flap
33 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Central Flap
34 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Footwell/Defroster Flap
35 Potentiometer malfunction counter, Air Flow Map
36 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92)
37 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 92), max. stop
38 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)
39 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Central Flap Motor Potentiometer (G 112)
40 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G114)
41 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Footwell/Defroster Flap Motor Potentiometer (G114)
42 Feedback value, cold end-stop, Air Flow Map Motor Potentiometer (G 113)
43 Feedback value, hot end-stop, Air Flow Map Motor Potentiometer (G 113)
44 Vehicle operation cycle counter
45 Calculated interior temperature (internal software, in digits)
46 Outside (ambient) temperature, filtered, for regulation (internal software)
47 Outside (ambient) temperature, unfiltered, (internal software, in deg C)
48 Outside (ambient) temperature, unfiltered, (in digits)
49 Malfunction counter for speedometer (vehicle speed) signal
50 Standing time (in minutes)
51 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) in deg C
52 Graphics channel 1 - A/C compressor switch-off conditions are identified by illuminated segments of the “88.8” display. See chart below.
53 Graphics channel 2 - Climate system electrical outputs are identified by illuminated segments of the “88.8” display. See chart below.
54 Control characteristics
55 Outside (ambient) temperature, in deg C or deg F depending on setting on A/C control head
56 Temperature in deg C, from Interior Temperature Sensor, in Headliner (G 86)
57 Temperature in deg C, from Interior Temperature Sensor, in Instrument Panel (G 56)
58 Temperature in deg C, from Fresh Air Intake Duct Temperature Sensor (G 89)
59 Temperature in deg C, from Outside Air (Ambient) Temperature Sensor (G 17), front
60 Temperature in deg C, from Ambient Temperature Sensor At Fresh Air Blower (G 109)
Killabee

Some think I am genius,
Others just can't think...

quote:Originally posted by Paul
I think that this is not available in the UK. Audi may not have subscribed to the Rugby radio clock transmitter...
Lurching off topic for a second... Apart from the Rugby signal (MSF 60kHz LW), there is a pan-European time signal which is broadcast from Frankfurt (DCF 77kHz LW). Works perfectly well out here in the West Country but reception was rather spotty in Rhodes IIRC. I guess they'll have to bump up the transmission power once the enlargement of the EU take place...

That said, given the reported AM reception problems of the A2, I wonder if there's any chance of it picking up a relatively weak AM signal...

--
m. Azure Blue 2003 1.6 FSI SE with OpenSky, ECC, DIS, Isofix, ERW, Symphony II, Space-Floor-Box, Winter Pack and Auto-Dimming Rear View thingy... Less than a week to go:)

quote:Originally posted by msmorley

Originally posted by Paul
I guess they'll have to bump up the transmission power once the enlargement of the EU take place...

Does this mean that you will finally join the EU ???

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

UK in EU OK?!!!

UK not in Euro for forseeable!

PS what thread are you on?

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

If you unlock the car with the remote, but dont open any doors within about 1 minute, the car automaticaly locks itself!

2003 A2 1.4 SE in Cobalt blue, black interior, Climate Control, Winter Pack

if you keep the unlock/lock button pressed on the remote the windows automatically open/close.

(1.4TDi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back