Tow bar altercation - can it be fixed ?

Hoachy

Today I... ...had an altercation with a tow bar, but this will buff out...right?

Attachments

• IMG_20230917_190159.jpg
    IMG_20230917_190159.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 173
Bit of tee cut needed there

If it’s only limited to the two doors you’ve got of lightly. Doors are pretty much bolt off bolt on jobs
Just watch out with wiring in the plugs as this changes numerous times over the a2 production run

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bit of tee cut needed there

If it’s only limited to the two doors you’ve got of lightly. Doors are pretty much bolt off bolt on jobs
Just watch out with wiring in the plugs as this changes numerous times over the a2 production run

Paul

We'll see what the insurance company says when they have had look, not sure what the price of tee cut is these days vs. the value of the car.

Insurance will write it off that is 100% sure
If you can buy it back and swap in two doors assuming that is the extent of the damage then that is the way to go
Or don’t even tell the insurance if no damage to other car
The doors will be less than your insurance excess

We'll see what the insurance company says when they have had look, not sure what the price of tee cut is these days vs. the value of the car.
Yep. I’d strongly advise not letting the car out of your site or you’ll never see it again and it’ll be written off for penny’s. Even if you fancy upgrading, a DIY repair in this instance is the least damage to your wallet and will hopefully mean a repairable a2 stays on the road 🤞

Insurance will write it off that is 100% sure
If you can buy it back and swap in two doors assuming that is the extent of the damage then that is the way to go
Or don’t even tell the insurance if no damage to other car
The doors will be less than your insurance excess

Now there is an offer from @A2Steve that you can’t refuse

Paul

I’ve got dolphin grey doors here at the moment.
How much to get them to central Scotland? Although even after that the rear wheel arch and rear quarter panel need a respray at best and the B pillar may have been damaged where the hinges are mounted.

TBH I've never even been in an accident before let alone where one where my car was involved so advice is appreciated.

How much to get them to central Scotland? Although even after that the rear wheel arch and rear quarter panel need a respray at best and the B pillar may have been damaged where the hinges are mounted.

TBH I've never even been in an accident before let alone where one where my car was involved so advice is appreciated.

I suggested you open both door and see if they still shut and open reasonable ok
Are the panel lines (gaps are pins the doors even). Inspect the B pillar for straightness and then go from there. If the all is well panel line and B pillar wise then grab the doors from Steve whilst they are still available
Colin is likely your best bet for the getting the doors too you in good condition

Paul

£50 for each complete door, £30 for the side sill, £25 for the rear arch. Colin goes up your way every 3 weeks and I could ask him for a quote if you decide to go ahead.

£50 for each complete door, £30 for the side sill, £25 for the rear arch. Colin goes up your way every 3 weeks and I could ask him for a quote if you decide to go ahead.
That's great thanks, I'll give my mechanic a call in the morning and see what he thinks. Fingers crossed.

Thank you so much to everyone for their help, it would be great to keep her on the road.

I suggested you open both door and see if they still shut and open reasonable ok
Are the panel lines (gaps are pins the doors even). Inspect the B pillar for straightness and then go from there. If the all is well panel line and B pillar wise then grab the doors from Steve whilst they are still available
Colin is likely your best bet for the getting the doors too you in good condition

Paul

The rear door does not open more than a couple of inches, it seemed like the lower hinge was completely mangled by the tow bar.

Even more important to check the B pilar
If it’s bent then I’m afraid the A2 is scrap

Paul

Even more important to check the B pilar
If it’s bent then I’m afraid the A2 is scrap

Paul

That is a task planned for daylight, before I call my mechanic. The rear door definately got pulled hard and I am worried there may be damage to where the hinge in mounted.

That is a task planned for daylight, before I call my mechanic. The rear door definately got pulled hard and I am worried there may be damage to where the hinge in mounted.

If there is that is a very difficult / expensive repair on aluminium structure

Back