Urm Help

Went to re-grease roof rails, and this happened, the rear driver side roof panel won't close flush
So the front panel closed completely?

If it's not a lot of gap, you could try gently but firmly push the panel forward and down.

If it's a lot of gap, the best way is to remove the roof motor and push the panel down, then reinstall it again. I used to do that a lot trying to fix the oss. With the motor out, you can actually push the roof down from outside, but to completely close it, from the inside you need to 2 torx head or screw drivers to push the pin to lock in place.

More detail here:

Last edited:
Is it the front or the rear panel that won't close fully? Very uncommon for the rear to get stuck open, but the front is extremely common.

Hi @Kleynie
Hi just see Your not to far from where I live.
The front closes OK but the rear is jammed up on the drivers side. I also found a bit of plastic which had fallen in the rail, which I've removed from the rail.

I just want to get it closed before my interior ends up wrecked, I'll promise I'll never open it again.

The bit the came off is a little guide for the rubber on rear roof.

Hi @Kleynie
Hi just see Your not to far from where I live.
The front closes OK but the rear is jammed up on the drivers side. I also found a bit of plastic which had fallen in the rail, which I've removed from the rail.

I just want to get it closed before my interior ends up wrecked, I'll promise I'll never open it again.

The bit the came off is a little guide for the rubber on rear roof.
That's a surprise. If you just open the front panel, you should be able to get the rear down, by pulling the runner forward.

Try to open it again and see it closes this time. Unfortunately you can only close the oss manually if you take the nets off of both shaders. I did that as I really like the extra light in the cabin.

Try to open it again and see it closes this time. Unfortunately you can only close the oss manually if you take the nets off of both shaders. I did that as I really like the extra light in the cabin.
You do not need to remove them at all. Not sure why you had to?

You do not need to remove them at all. Not sure why you had to?
If the rear doesn't close fully no matter what, the part that locks the panel into place, sits just above mash. The front can slide, but the rear one is fixed. So when I had to close my oss, I had to remove the rear mash to do that, and might as well I just removed the front one too. I don't miss the mash and the interior looks bright too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-02-27-01-28-55.png
    Screenshot_2022-02-27-01-28-55.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 96
Ok, if that’s the way you did it then fine. We would never remove the mesh as you suggest. It is not the only way to do it.

Ian

Ok, if that’s the way you did it then fine. We would never remove the mesh as you suggest. It is not the only way to do it.

Ian
I still got them of course, but I prefer this way as the sun barely comes out in UK that much to have good use of them, but the more light in the cabin is obvious, and rear passengers like it too, as the whole glass roof is see through.

Back