LED Sidelights vs Philips Bluevision vs Standard Candles

Your're right there, I must have had one of their last ones from them (only ordered about a week ago). It's probably worth trying to give them a ring or drop them an email as I'm guessing they manufacture these themselves.

Alternately you could risk the 15's like Keithb did, he never did report back with them failing on him...

The 15 Towers are still going strong and haven't budged an inch. :)
They are still soooooo bright and glorious. :D

led sidelights and number plate

im about to order the 9 led tower T10 from ultraleds.

so you dont need to buy resistor packs anymore to go with these and they wont show up as blown bulbs?

what festoon is the number plate and interior lights as i want to order those too.

and anyone used tyhe warm white of cool white which is best?

im about to order the 9 led tower T10 from ultraleds.

so you dont need to buy resistor packs anymore to go with these and they wont show up as blown bulbs?

what festoon is the number plate and interior lights as i want to order those too.

and anyone used tyhe warm white of cool white which is best?

The A2 doesn't warn you on the side light. At least not mine. Go ahead a get the tower.

If they have 'warm white', check the actual colour temperature. I have some so called warm white LED, but they are really just yellow. Cool white for interior light is a big no no for me. The interior feels as cold as it is outside.

side ligts with ccfl bulb? What is the maximum allowed width?

hello.

I am looking for stronger parking lights and I found these on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/T10-W5W-50...-/160484688660

or

http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...:X:AAQ:FR:1123

Does this fit our cars? the first seller says it has 15mm of width... is it too thick?

A video of a merc with these on:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jecmt6Fdb-Y

I know I can use LED, but I want a bulb with strong forward light to use like a DRL...

Safest thing to do is to remove a sidelight bulb holder then use a cardboard template to check the clearance depth and diameter yourself.

Cheers Spike

Sorry to revive what is a very old thread but being interested in doing this job on my A2 I headed across to the ultraled website only to find they no longer do the 9 or 15 towers.

They have 3 that could work but does anyone know the maximum length for a tower replacement?

There are:

25 LED towers at 38mm
30 LED towers at 39mm
13 LED towers at 42mm

http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/led-prod...ive-led-bulbs/501-194-t10-w5w-10mm-wedge.html

Does anyone know off hand if I'd be alright with those? Saves me taking apart the lamps and checking the casing.

Many thanks!

Many thanks for the responses... I have ordered the £3.60 ones as if they don't work out I won't feel bad and will be happy to go for the Osrams!

Many thanks!

I feel its important to resurrect this thread in order to warn members who have these LED's fitted to check them after taking mine out today 4 months after fitting them. I think the pictures will tell the story !!

IMG_2798.jpgIMG_2799.jpgIMG_2800.jpgIMG_2802.JPG

Is it normal on the A2 for the side lights to stay on when the headlights are on? they have turned off after switching the headlights on on every car I've had in the past.

Hi. I have now fitted the new type CREE led's to my side lights, in stead of incandescent or basic led's.
lights bulb copy.jpg
Standard bulb
lights led copy.jpg
Basic led
lights cree copy.jpg
New bright CREE type led.
If you are going to fit these, make sure they are no wider than 11mm otherwise they won't fit in the tube.

Last edited:
Hi. I have now fitted the new type CREE led's to my side lights, in stead of incandescent or basic led's.
View attachment 14281
Standard bulb
View attachment 14283
Basic led
View attachment 14282
New bright CREE type led.
If you are going to fit these, make sure they are no wider than 11mm otherwise they won't fit in the tube.

Rhino-Neil,
I've just been checking these out on ebay and I'm tempted to fit them but did you have to fit load resisters when you did yours?
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/501-W5W-G...ts=Car+Make:Audi|Model:A2&hash=item3377d301f4
thanks
Nigel

Nigel.
These are made with a resistor built in and do no effect the sensor in the dash.

Even if you have DIS, the A2 canbus system does not monitor sidelight function so there is no need to get add-on resistor packs or bulbs with built-in resistors

Cheers Spike

Even if you have DIS, the A2 canbus system does not monitor sidelight function so there is no need to get add-on resistor packs or bulbs with built-in resistors

Cheers Spike

Ah, so any LED sidelight bulbs will not throw a bulb out error in the A2?

I always thought that one of the main benefits of LED bulbs is the low drain (wattage).
So by fitting resistors to prevent "bulb out" messages, or to ensure that indicators work correctly, kinda defeats the object.

The big advantage on the A2 is that you don't need them (except on indicators)

Steve B

Back