Audi Driver International 2011

Skipton01

Admin Team
The dates for ADI this year are fast approaching (8th & 9th October) and I've just had this email from the editor of Audi Driver, detailing some special offers you might be interested in:

Dear Mike

Audi Driver International, at Castle Combe on Saturday, October 8th, is fast approaching and it might be helpful if I bring you up-to-date with some of the arrangements.

1. We are offering individual clubs their own on-track sessions. We are permitted 12 cars on the track at any one time and, if we have an advance booking from a club for 12 track entries, we can provide a session where only those cars will be on the circuit.

Normally, the cost of one session on the track is £45, but we are reducing this to £35 if the block booking is made in advance.

There is a further benefit. If a club makes an advance booking for a session in this way, all 12 drivers will be sent wristbands which will permit them to enter the event free of charge. (Please note that this only applies to the driver, not to any passengers.) Effectively, this brings the cost of taking part in the club session down to £25, as Castle Combe’s entry charge is £10.

One club has already booked a full session in this way and is considering booking a second, its members realising what good value this is, and looking forward to a track session where only fellow club members will be on the circuit.

If a club cannot get the full 12 entries, we can consider a minimum of 9 cars for a session, but the entrants would have to accept that there would also be trade demonstration vehicles and charity runs taking place on the circuit at the same time. The same costs will apply.

2. Audi UK be bringing along their promotional unit and a range of new models and there will also be an R8 GT which will be giving charity rides around the circuit.

3. We have to plan out the limited amount of space in the Castle Combe paddock and it is essential that you let us know, as soon as possible, how many cars will be occupying your club display area. We must have this information no later than Friday, September 30th.

4. In the evening, Swindon Audi will once again be welcoming us to a splendid reception in their showroom before the gala dinner, at which the Audi Driver Annual Awards will be presented. The dinner will be followed by a disco. Bookings for tables must be made by Friday, September 30th.

I look forward to meeting you at Audi Driver International.

Paul Harris

As usual, I'll be looking after the club stand, taking bookings for the gala meal/awards etc, but accomodation for the evening is the responsibility of the individual member.

There's a link in the calendar, sign up if you're intending to come.

However, as in the last 2 years, to SECURE your place, please make a £2 donation via Paypal. This has worked well in the past - we've had a pretty much spot on allocation of cars attending as expressed an interest.

Also, your £2 donation will secure you a ticket in the lottery to win a years subscription to Audi Driver magazine. I'm sure the previous 2 years winners will testify to what a good monthly read it is.

So, please indicate your attendance on the calendar, back this up with the £2 donation to secure your club stand place and PM me if you want to book a place at the A2OC table for the evening awards.

Cheers,

Mike

I've added myself into the list :) Regarding the cruise-control & spare key, I haven't yet had a look at the part number on my CCU but will do.

Booked the Swindon Hilton hotel for A2sumo and I. Bargain price of £78 for two nights including both our breakfasts.

We registered our intention some time ago to attend both events, but looking at the upcoming events I notice there is a double listing for both events? :confused:
Regardless, we will all be there, with both cars. Will make paypal contribution now.
We have also booked and paid for two nights at the Hilton.

blue skies
Tony

Hi Tony i only see one event per part IE day/night.i also don't see your name or Petra down yet! lets try and set a new record for Adi this year---if Audi in the park is anything to go by we should get 35+ cars,so lets hope they give us a decent pitch this year.
From the sound of the booking of track sessions i doubt weather the family session will tack place or again the parade lap---ggrrrr. so who is up for track time?

Hi Mike
on the main forum link page, at the bottom there is an "upcoming events for next 60 days" link.
there are duplicated entries for both events and we (well hotstuff is) are def registered for both on the last two entries.
I'm happy to register on all four but I suspect that unless I'm horribly wrong, there may be more confusion?

blue skies
Tony

Ah i see now i was looking at the calendar tab at the top of the page. it looks like Ben has created threads as well. i think for clarity these need removing.

That's a good price - can't get cheaper than £56 per night atm, inc. breakfast.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

After searching for your dates and the price options have displayed ignore the prices given and click the hyperlink that says view full price list(is just above the prices they give you). This should then Give you a price for "the Great Getaway", which includes breakfast. Is more per night if you only book for the Sat night though.

Mike, book directly with the Hilton - we got £78 inc b/fast per night, staying two nights.
bookings.com has the same rate!

blue skies
Tony

Well unfortunatly i will not be attending this year GRRRRR, Cheryls having an OP that week plus we've just accepted an offer on our house we are now on the look out for a new house and if the time scale is on time (normally 8 weeks) which is just about the time of ADI. Lets hope you get a record turn out

Phil

I so wish that me and Carole could make it :0(
Unfortunately we can't but here is hoping that you all have a great time.

Cheers

Mark

Anyone up for a session on the track?

Seems decent value saving £10 at the gate. But no description how long is a session though, 20min would be nice, although last time I went on at ADI, it was more like 15.

I'd be tempted to have a track session - might even put the 17"s back on fo it.

Do we have any other takers?

Cheers,

Mike

ok, so I've registered in all the lists I can find ...
two adults, two kids, two a2's.
oh yes, two nights.
looking forward to seeing the gang again!

blue skies
Tony

OK all, just a brief reminder that voting closes on the 25th for Audi Driver awards. If you've not voted, get yourself over to:

https://www.secure-server-hosting.com/secutran/secureforms/sh213771/adivoteform2011.html

Fill in the form and that's it!

Also, there's plenty of interest in the club stand, with deposits paid by:

MikeMars
Shezlee
hotstuff
riverlad
Terrywindy

However, we still need more members, both for the club stand and the evening gala dinner. If you plan on attending the club stand, send your £2 donation to secure your place and get entry to the raffle to win a years subscription to Audi Driver magazine.
Similarly, if you're going to attend the meal, PM me and I'll once again take payments and do the block booking arrangements to ensure we all get together.

Cheers

Mike

Hi mike i have donated £6.00 for myself-vonnie-robin. Thats the day bit sorted out cheers. Hope i win the subscription again as its been a good read. looking forward to a good turn out---lets show them we may have the smallest audi but the biggest turnout.
cheers mike

Thanks for that Mike - good job you told me who the peeps are that they donation covers - I'd have normally though it'd be Vonnie, yourself and Daren.

Cheers

Mike

Back