Have all A2's got a OBDII connector

Says it works with all OBD2 protocols, so it should work with the K-line cars.

Don't forget that although the later A2s have CAN, it is not used for diagnostic functions, only for the infotainment system and a few drive functions.

Cheers,

Mike

cheers mike

might just keep me entertained until i find the tank mk2:D

John

oh yes got that heater panel (heated seat one from germany) and it is like new so well pleased

Just got my scangauge II, really good would recommend, it is really accurate and fits in the cubby below the climate control nicely.

Chris

any chance you could post some picys to see what it looks like and where you routed the cables?

was it easy to fit?

thanks

JOhn

When i get home this afternoon i will take some pics, pretty easy to fit just routing the wires to the dashboard takes a while but it is well worth it and lots of velcro to attach to cubby

Chris

Here you go, really sorry but i have only got mobile phone camera at the moment so this will have to do but it is just the unit and a wire going to the obd plug and that is it really and yes it has pretty much all of the functionality of dis

Chris

Yep but it is very hard to read i find blue much easier and it isnt distracting in the night time, i would recommend to anyone without dis

Chris

Hi I have only had my scangauge for a few days so not had time to test all the funtions.

I have got mine fitted between the dash and drivers window. It is easy to read ( i have it set on red and have no probs with reading it in this postion) and reach. the cable goes between the dash and side pillar then behind the trim beneeth the steering wheel. You can not see the cable at all. thanks mike:D Soory for the rubbish discription. I will try to get a photo up.

I did think about putting it in the cubby hole, but thought it might be tricky to read.

The chap I got it from said it can be a bit hit and miss witch cars this will work on. he has had some 2009 cars that have not worked with it. He has got a no quibble money back garantee if it is not compatable. He was not sure if it would work with mine. he just said try it and if it dose not work return it. Apparently it will work off from the start or not at all, so no messing around trying to set it up.

If anyone is interested the info it will display is
You can have any 4 at one time:
fuel sytem loop status
cost per mile
intake air temperture
water temperture
fuel pressure
gallons per hour/liters per hour
engine loading
mpg
kpg
mpl
liters/100km
mph/kph
manifold absolute pressure
rpm
throttle postion setting
battery voltage

There is a trip buttion gives this info

maximum speed
max coolant temp
max rpm
average speed
average fuel economy
trip miles
trip elapsed time
trip fuel used
trip fuel cost

the tank trip gives you

fuel used since last fill up
fuel remaning
distance driven since last fill up
distance remaining before tank empty
time driven since last fill up
time remaing before tank is empty.

Apperently it reads error codes as well, but I guess its not going to be as vac com!
Not bad for £125 a lot cheeper than dis retro fit.

I just cant work out where the coffee comes out though:D

If anyone wants to know where I got it from give me a shout.

David

ps I have not had chance to check if all the funtions are compatible with the a2

Last edited:
I got it through a uk distributeter and cost me £125 not sure what the $ price is.

I must admit I would not have got it if I had diss.

A good alternertive though

Just ordered one, i hope it works with my 2004 75 Tdi, anyone else have any pics of other locations for mounting?

it should be ok with yours - where did you order it from?

John

i might try and see if it works as some sellers offer refund if not compatibilty

Back