London Cruise Fitting Mk2

Skipton01

Admin Team
Following on from a PM from MPGLover, there may be scope for another mass cruise fitting in the London area.

This was a well attended and pleasureable day (the weather was booked!) last year, where DanB, Heidi, MPGLover himself and a few others turned up to have factory cruise control fitted by myself, saving them the considerable journey north to have the work done.

There have been a few enquiries so far this year and so I've decided if I can get a minimum of 5 owners together, I'll do another trip to the Smoke.

Now to the bad news:

As from 1st April, the prices of cruise fitting will have to increase by £10 to £170, as the Euro has affected not only VagParts, but I'm also being charged a lot more for parts now at my local Audi dealership. I've been absorbing the costs for a few months, but cannot do so for any longer.

I've held the price until that date as the Scottish social has already been booked for 28th March.

So, if you are interested in having the famous Skipton Cruise added to your A2, please get in touch and we'll try to organise a mutually agreeable date.

You will need to allow an hour for fitting and the cost of the work includes all parts, labour, a diagnostic scan and any clearing or coding as required plus a 2 year warranty on the system.

Over to you!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike,

No doubt it's already been covered on the forum somewhere, but it might be worth reminding us a little about how the cruise control works and what advantages it provides?

I don't do many long runs, so I presume it would not be worth it for me? But I'll perhaps get a demo. at the Scottish Social, and possibly order for the next time?:)

Graham

Last edited:
Valid point Graham.

The cruise control I install is exactly as per factory fitment and uses Audi genuine parts.

The system enables you to hold any speed (over 25mph) in any gear and also incrementally increase or decrease that speed by using the stalk (so, say you're cruising at 60mph and you want to increase to 70mph, just press a button on the stalk and the car will pick up speed. Release the button when you get to your desired speed).

More and more these days, people are having the system installed not just for making long journeys far more comfortable, but also to safeguard their driving licence.

With averaging speed cameras now very common in roadworks ares and also on routes deemed to be dangerous, it is so relaxing to just put the cruise on at the appropriate speed and then drive along knowing that you are safe from prosecution, watching all the plonkers sppeding up and slowing down for the cameras!

In terms of fuel economy, it can help also, but only really if you are naturally heavy with the right foot! If you are a naturally economy-minded driver, then you'll probably find that using cruise control only just matches (or is possibly even slightly worse if you are really careful) what you can achieve alone.

All the functions are explained in the owners manual, so you can clarify anything you aren't clear on there.

Cheers,

Mike

I had never driven with cruise before, but I must say I use it very frequently now, not only on m-ways (where I have a tendency to always want to press on and the cruise control keeps me in check!), but also as Mike says with so many speed cameras I use it alot now to keep points off my licence - especially useful in the vast number of "average speed" checks that are everywhere now. Money well spent in my book and also a nice enjoyable social gathering.

'London' Cruise Control

I have cruise on my TT so you can make me one of the five assuming date can be agreed/covered. I can't make w/e of 24~26 April.
Mervyn

:Bump:

Anybody else in London or southern home counties interested? Mike does a fantastic job with the proper Audi parts. Definitely worthwhile.

Skipton cruise fitting - London

Following on from a PM from MPGLover, there may be scope for another mass cruise fitting in the London area.

This was a well attended and pleasureable day (the weather was booked!) last year, where DanB, Heidi, MPGLover himself and a few others turned up to have factory cruise control fitted by myself, saving them the considerable journey north to have the work done.

There have been a few enquiries so far this year and so I've decided if I can get a minimum of 5 owners together, I'll do another trip to the Smoke.

Now to the bad news:

As from 1st April, the prices of cruise fitting will have to increase by £10 to £170, as the Euro has affected not only VagParts, but I'm also being charged a lot more for parts now at my local Audi dealership. I've been absorbing the costs for a few months, but cannot do so for any longer.

I've held the price until that date as the Scottish social has already been booked for 28th March.

So, if you are interested in having the famous Skipton Cruise added to your A2, please get in touch and we'll try to organise a mutually agreeable date.

You will need to allow an hour for fitting and the cost of the work includes all parts, labour, a diagnostic scan and any clearing or coding as required plus a 2 year warranty on the system.

Over to you!

Cheers,

Mike

I would certainly be interested in fitting the skipton cruise control unit to my newly bought Audi A2 TDi. However would it be possible for you to programme a RNS-E unit into my girlfriend's car at the same time if I brought the car down to you. I exchanged the factory fit Symphony unit for the RNS-E but do know how to programme in the RNS-E to the car. Any suggestions?

Also are their any places left for the scotland A2 cruise wkd. I would be interested in coming along.

Mackinder

Also are their any places left for the scotland A2 cruise wkd. I would be interested in coming along.

There are no max numbers for the Scottish Cruise, everyone is welcome! PM me if you need further info. to that which is in the cruise thread, and get in touch with Mike if you want anything doing to the car. Look forward to seeing you if you can make the cruise :D

My A2 came with cruise factory fitted. I initially thought it was an pointless accessory but soon changed my mind. As pointed out above, it is great at avoiding the guesswork when going through the dreaded average speed traps. It's also excellent on the motorway - I set my cruise according to the current speed indicated on my TomTom and can rest content knowing I'm not exceeding the national speed limit.

I'd recommend this mod to all A2 owners whose cars didn't come with it as a factory fitted option.

cruise control

I would love to have cruise control fitted but won't be able to get to the social. Maybe hopefully one day ther will be a gathering in london because i will defantly want that fitted 100%

At the risk of further propagating the confusion, yes, I can do cruise and also re-code teh RNS-E in your other halfs A2.

However, don't forget that the London Cruise Social is separate (in date and location!!) to the Scottish Social.

If you want to attend the Scottish Social, get in touch with Murdo and add yourself to the list.

If you want to have cruise installed in and around London, get your name down here and also PM me for your requirements.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton Cruise

Hi

I am a new member and would be very interested in having cruise control fitted to my 2003 1.4TDI Sport.

I am based on the South London and Kent border about 20 mins from the Dartford Crossing.

Ian

Ok, so we should have Mervyn, Ian and maybe Scott. Anybody else interested in having Cruise Control fitted?

It doesn't have to be limited to Cruise Control - it is also an opportunity for owners to get a new (or old) style key matched to their car (you will need to get a blank and new transponder from Mike first). Please PM Mike (Skipton01) for details about matching new keys. He will only be able to come down South if there is enough work to make it worth his while. Thanks!

New Key coding

Hey Mike,

If you come down to the 'big smoke', pls let me know. It would be good to catch up finally, and maybe get one of those new keys coded, if nothing else for a wee while? :eek:

Cheers

M

I'd be interested, but it would very much depend on the date. Impending fatherhood might change my priorities, not due untill end of June so plenty of time, maybe!!!!!

I'll resurrect this thread, as there is new interest (From LisaR) so if you are up for cruise fitting, key matching or anything else, let me know and also the dates you'd prefer. Ideally, I'd be looking at coming down on a weekend day.

I'll have to draw the line at certain things (no parking sensors, RNS-E fitting etc - they all take far too long to enable me to accomodate all members), so I'm limited to cruise fitting, HID kit fitting, key matching, simple diagnostics and fault clearing etc.

Note for Derron: if you want me to do the steering wheel fitting, I will need the airbag looms sending up so that I can do the mods in advance.

So, over to you again!

Cheers,

Mike

If you get a date and venue sorted post it up here as I might just come down for the social side of it anyway - it was fun to meet so many fellow A2 owners last time!

Back