Service offered: climate control button replacement

A2 Louis

Banned
Hi all after changing the buttons on my climate control and concert radio I was thinking of offering a service where if you have a concert radio or climate control with worn buttons but you don’t dare to take your radio or climate control apart or simply don’t have the time I was thinking of offering a service where you buy the replacement buttons or donor unit and I simply put the replacement buttons on your working concert radio/climate control for you :)

I was thinking of charging £15 for this service

The deal would be you send me your radio/climate control in the post then I change the buttons over and send back to you

Normally the day I receive the unit it will be sent out the same day 99.9% of the time you would get it back next day

For £15 I find it’s a fair price as I would have to spend £5 or more on posting the radio/climate control and then my time also to fit the new buttons :)

For now I will only be replacing buttons on the Audi concert radios and all climate control panels :) (Shown below)

Further down the line I will be replacing buttons on symphony radios etc :)

Audi concert before button replacement

Buttons replaced

Before buttons replaced on climate control

Buttons replaced

Last edited:
If you are sending 2 units each way you may have to check that postage price. Even with the customer paying postage to you and you the return. Nice idea though.

If you are sending 2 units each way you may have to check that postage price. Even with the customer paying postage to you and you the return. Nice idea though.
Hi for me to send the 2 units would cost me £6 with DPD and would be next day guaranteed service :) ?

Yeah - look at your pricing Louis. You would probably want to return the items using a tracked and insured service as you would not want anything lost by a carrier.
You want to charge a fair price AND make some profit if you do it.
Mike

Just make sure you clearly state that your price is for UK mainland postage only. We do have members in Latvia.......

Thanks all for you advice how much do you think I should charge then ?

DPD is £6 for me next day guaranteed and they collect from my house :)

Hi all I’m insured up to £100 on each parcel I send I’m sure that would cover a concert radio and climate control if DPD decided to lose a parcel or break it :) ?

Difficult to quote a price , if you are keeping the old panels then you could work on per button price , so much an hour for your time and then packing plus postage

Difficult to quote a price , if you are keeping the old panels then you could work on per button price , so much an hour for your time and then packing plus postage
It would take me less than a hour to do (normally) and any parts that come off the radio/climate control would be sent back to the sender I wouldn’t need any spares :) ?

Never a good idea to put down a price in a thread as people want to hold you to years later. Best to think of a sensible price that you would be happy to pay on top of the cost of the donor parts, postage for them and the average turn time.

Never a good idea to put down a price in a thread as people want to hold you to years later. Best to think of a sensible price that you would be happy to pay on top of the cost of the donor parts, postage for them and the average turn time.
Honestly id only want to pay £15 to £20 if I was paying for the service and then as you say I’d have to get donor parts and get them posted etc if I charged over £20 i don’t think it would be worth it for people to use my service it’d be more cheaper for them to just buy a working unit with good buttons :)

I’ll leave the price at £15 for now and see what happens after all I’m not looking to make lots of money I generally just want to help members out :)?

Great idea. Sorry to ask-I don't know, but where can I buy new climate buttons to start this process?
Hi buddy here is a link for you give him a offer of £10 I’m sure he will accept if not go to £15 I wouldn’t go anymore than £15 :)

Are you likely to accumulate a stock of unworn ?Hard touch? buttons for those of us who don't have the inclination to order new buttons in? Crazily I have a spare air con unit (hard touch that is immaculate), but 3 soft touches in the three cars that are in various states of worn-out-ness on the 2-3 usual big buttons so having seen your message I was looking at sending them away one by one and swapping them around until they were fixed - but ordering in buttons apart from being a bit fiddly - if I end up ordering them in, is it worth sending the radios away? Thank you for putting this post out there - certainly worth thinking about

Are you likely to accumulate a stock of unworn ?Hard touch? buttons for those of us who don't have the inclination to order new buttons in? Crazily I have a spare air con unit (hard touch that is immaculate), but 3 soft touches in the three cars that are in various states of worn-out-ness on the 2-3 usual big buttons so having seen your message I was looking at sending them away one by one and swapping them around until they were fixed - but ordering in buttons apart from being a bit fiddly - if I end up ordering them in, is it worth sending the radios away? Thank you for putting this post out there - certainly worth thinking about
Hi buddy if the radios are worn by all means send them too :)

You will have to find a old climate control with good buttons on I can’t buy new buttons from Audi because I don’t think that’s something they do

Basically you send me a old broken unit with good buttons and your good working unit with worn buttons and I just swap the buttons over so your working unit looks mint :)

If that makes sense :)

Back