Trouble with remote keys

q292u

United-Kingdom
Hi. I'm new to the A2.
I have 2 remote keys with the car, both will physically unlock the driver's door, but neither will work remotely.
I've tried what it says in the owner manual, and also the "hold unlock while key is on the ignition" routine I found online, but no luck..
The batteries are both new (Duracell).
Suggestions?

Hi. I'm new to the A2.
I have 2 remote keys with the car, both will physically unlock the driver's door, but neither will work remotely.
I've tried what it says in the owner manual, and also the "hold unlock while key is on the ignition" routine I found online, but no luck..
The batteries are both new (Duracell).
Suggestions?
Via Vcds software, remove existing keys and add yours, car starts and runs on both too?

Try this procedure...

Open the car (using the key in the door lock), put key in ignition and turn on (no need to start engine) and wait until the car symbol light goes out (the car symbol with a key in it).

When that symbol has gone out, immediately turn off, withdraw the key and press the unlock button on the fob. The locks should cycle, telling you that the re-sync was successful.

If the locks don't cycle, then just repeat the procedure.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

? If you locks the car how do you get in to put the key in the ignition?

Your procedure starts with "open the car using the key."
It has to be be locked, (using the key), so you can then open it with the key, as your instructions.
Not being critical in any way. Your instructions are spot on.
Mac.

Try this procedure...

Open the car (using the key in the door lock), put key in ignition and turn on (no need to start engine) and wait until the car symbol light goes out (the car symbol with a key in it).

When that symbol has gone out, immediately turn off, withdraw the key and press the unlock button on the fob. The locks should cycle, telling you that the re-sync was successful.

Nope. No reaction to this.

Try this procedure...

Nope. No reaction to this
Via Vcds software, remove existing keys and add yours, car starts and runs on both too?
I don't have vcds software (yet). I have ordered a USB to odb2 cable (one that specifically mentioned old VW/Audi) so that may be the way to go?

Nope. No reaction to this

I don't have vcds software (yet). I have ordered a USB to odb2 cable (one that specifically mentioned old VW/Audi) so that may be the way to go?
Yes USB to obd2 but don't go for KKL type, can hex is the one

Damn. I went kkl because I'd read somewhere that can was only for later cars (mine is 2001). It was only cheap though. So I can easily buy the other one as well..
Here's a thought, though: my boss has the full Carly subscription. Would that be able to do the same?

Good Afternoon,

As your car is new to you, have the keys ever worked using the remote function?

And

Yes USB to obd2 but don't go for KKL type, can hex is the one
I have only ever used a KKL type lead, USB to serial, for VCDS Lite.
Don't think there is an alternative, for Lite version. Quality varies, and matching driver can be a challenge.
I have three leads, two ebay KKLs, and a Gendan. Gendan do have a driver to download, but all three work fine.
Mac.

I also have a 2001 A2, which works fine on a KKL cable. I think these work with the pre-canbus stereo cars (Concert1 or Chorus1), where the BUS is a little less 'intelligent'.

Perhaps your cable will be okay. Mine was a £10 special off eBay.

Matt

Attachments

• KKLcable1.jpeg
    KKLcable1.jpeg
    218.6 KB · Views: 33
  • KKLcable2.jpeg
    KKLcable2.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 34
Perhaps your keys are also newer than your comfort control unit. I have an old CCU, which works on a slightly different frequency, so getting keys is not so easy. Just post your CCU suffix and an item code from one of your keys, and we can all post an opinion on if they match (or not).

I have a number of keys that should work, but don't, as I ignored the 'D' on the end of the item code.....

Damn. I went kkl because I'd read somewhere that can was only for later cars (mine is 2001). It was only cheap though. So I can easily buy the other one as well..
Well as posts below confirmed kkl works then wait for it, I do have can hex as I'm using it on my VWT5 and bought it years bk for A6C6 I had

Perhaps your keys are also newer than your comfort control unit. I have an old CCU, which works on a slightly different frequency, so getting keys is not so easy. Just post your CCU suffix and an item code from one of your keys, and we can all post an opinion on if they match (or not).

I have a number of keys that should work, but don't, as I ignored the 'D' on the end of the item code.....
The keys with a 'D' suffix need a double letter CCCU suffix, e.g.. AF. Without the key D suffix need a single letter CCCU suffix, e.g. Q.

Andy

Back