Chat What are your a2 plans and projects for 2022?

Edwrai

2022 is approaching with unstoppable force, what are your a2 plans for the coming year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May I be the first to wish everyone a happy new year a few days early!

Apart from seeking a new club custodian for Akoya, two main themes for Audrey:

1) Scan the car and correct any mechanical sub-optimals (known ones at present are cam position sensor and a wheel bearing)

2) Interior: Make a final plan on any changes to it (Going platinum or not, adding lumbar support or not) and also book a visit to @timmus for CDIS, MFSW, Bluetooth and Sideguard installations.

EDIT - I still have the club footrest and auto headlamp switch upgrade that Tom @2work helped me with in terms of adapting the switch surround to fit too!

Last edited:
As my main aspiration this coming year was to be the second person on this thread to wish you all a Happy New Year for 2022, my goals have been achieved already!!

Extrapolated and edited from the equivalent thread a year ago :

04Tdi - last month the 310mm brake kit was fitted along with B6 shocks. Set of Cupra Tdi injectors were refurbished. BHC turbo / manifold combination to be sent away for a complete refurb and conversion into something a bit more hybrid-ish similar to various people including @Hef. @timmus intercooler on request list for next batch as well as pipework, then probably a build including oil pump chain and with a slightly stronger clutch - a trip to Stealth or Darkside possibly? Pure 600 still awaiting fitting since Jan 2020 - by the time I get round to this they will have switched off DAB as well as FM. Need to buy a @depronman wiper for this car having done the other two.

02 Tdi project car - new @depronman wiper was fitted, refurbished injectors fitted along with new front discs and pads. Need to swap driver's door to sort out the corroded window frame and sort out the erratic Concert II volume knob (crackles / drops to zero randomly when being turned if you aren't careful and takes an age to wind it back to 12 one increment at a time!). Cluster swap to resolve failing display if I can coincide with @timmus ' travels.

52 AUA - Fitted island green front bumper from @A2Steve and another wiper from Paul. Need to fit rear bumper also from Steve and hopefully an undented island green door panel. Nothing else special planned this year apart from a service and fit the undertray now the bumper is done.

Last edited:
Happy new year all (in advance!)

Tonka- remove rear bumper, drill holes and fit the parking sensors which @timmus pre installed the wiring for. Sort the pure 600 issue. Get the cracked windscreen replaced and fit the auto dimming mirror Tom installed the wiring for. Get the roof area sprayed black. (Possibly) have the Votex kit sprayed body colour. Replace the cracked covers for the seat bolts. Decide on and fit some new summer rubber to the a8 wheels prior to re fitting in the spring. Give it a thorough clean and some pampering once it’s relegated to 2nd car status.

1.2- actually drive it! Once I’ve done a few thousand miles and am happy the hydraulic transmission issues are resolved I’ll then fit the sport leather/alcantara interior. Make a visit to see Tom to have CDIS fitted along with fitting the mint concert II head unit (to replace the aftermarket one) I’ve sourced and have one of the MFSW’s I’ve sourced fitted. Put 25k miles on it!!!

I dread to think how much of this will actually get done

Last edited:
A Happy New Year to all [In advance]

Treat "Battersea" to an oilchange, service and a few odds and ends. Traced a nasty rattle in the front to a worn plastic bonnet retainer. Managed to obtain a pair of new ones. MOT as well.

I'll have to speak to certain people about blue tooth. The forces of law and order, quite rightly, are becoming quite fractious about phones in cars!

Morning all,

I do hope you’re all having a great festive season and wish you the very best for 2022. Apologies for being a little quiet recently, other commitments have taken precedence and I would have had an unhappy household if I was caught outside playing with an A2 opposed to spending quality time with the family.

The plans I have coming in the New year (or just before if I can escape) are:

Project OEM+:
1. Finally fit the Votex kit and A8 wheels
2. Swap the Jive double DIN dashboard for a Soul equivalent
3. Complete the HFBMFSW retrofit, which should have been done by now but I’ve just not had the time recently.
4. Repair the drivers seat base bolster and restore the whole leather interior (fill cracks and repaint)
5. Restore headlamps and fit headlamp protectors

Project 250:
1. Transplant a Soul double DIN dashboard
2. Retrofit RNS-E PU, AMI, BT Tel Module and Arduino Pro
3. Retrofit rear PDC and have the OPS displaying on the RNS-E PU
4. Retrofit Bose
5. Retrofit DIS
6. Retrofit headlamp washer bumper
7. Retrofit fog lights
8. Restorer headlamps then obtain and fit headlamp protectors
9. Install Komfortblinker
10. Fit a bespoke armrest bracket and A6 C5 armrest

I think that’s plenty to be getting on with.

Stay safe everyone.

Kind regards,

Tom

Probably sell one, I know I have said it before but 4 is a little excessive, it just deciding which one.
Attend more socials hopefully, apart from generally servicing and cleaning just enjoy these little beauties.

During this year I've gathered together all the bits for a PDC rear bumper retrofit for my Crystal one - many thanks are due to Tom @2work for supplying the most difficult bit, the bumper shell with factory holes & sensor holders, already in the right colour. It's high time I got on with fitting it, pending another @timmus residency, when it can hopefully be wired in. I've also acquired most of a rear electric windows kit for it, I'm just short of the controllers themselves. Not sure whether I will proceed with the rear windows though, I don't even use the front ones much!

I think I have to consider the Storm complete for retrofits now, maybe I'll get round to tidying up the rear arches but they're not really that bad. Most of what I want for it this year is to actually use it more!

As my main aspiration this coming year was to be the second person on this thread to wish you all a Happy New Year for 2022, my goals have been achieved already!!

Extrapolated and edited from the equivalent thread a year ago :

04Tdi - last month the 310mm brake kit was fitted along with B6 shocks. Set of Cupra Tdi injectors were refurbished. BHC turbo / manifold combination to be sent away for a complete refurb and conversion into something a bit more hybrid-ish similar to various people including @Hef. @timmus intercooler on request list for next batch as well as pipework, then probably a build including oil pump chain and with a slightly stronger clutch - a trip to Stealth or Darkside possibly? Pure 600 still awaiting fitting since Jan 2020 - by the time I get round to this they will have switched off DAB as well as FM. Need to buy a @depronman wiper for this car having done the other two.

02 Tdi project car - new @depronman wiper was fitted, refurbished injectors fitted along with new front discs and pads. Need to swap driver's door to sort out the corroded window frame and sort out the erratic Concert II volume knob (crackles / drops to zero randomly when being turned if you aren't careful and takes an age to wind it back to 12 one increment at a time!). Cluster swap to resolve failing display if I can coincide with @timmus ' travels.

52 AUA - Fitted island green front bumper from @A2Steve and another wiper from Paul. Need to fit rear bumper also from Steve and hopefully an undented island green door panel. Nothing else special planned this year apart from a service and fit the undertray now the bumper is done.

For info. Don't know why but Darkside no longer offer remaps on engines with hybrid turbos

Cheers Spike

Hmm. Keep it running.... I don't know what will happen after we move and pretty much everything needed has been done. Also have hands full with said move and the new 400km commute at least through April.

I was looking to retire in 2020, but because of the Pandemic I have carried on working. But hopefully I will retire in the summer. Unfortunately that means I will be selling all 4 of my Audi's including the 2 A2's. I know it will be sad to see them go after owning 13 A2's since 2004.

Happy Holidays all. Will be fitting a Garmin DashCam Mini2 to my A2 TDI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was looking to retire in 2020, but because of the Pandemic I have carried on working. But hopefully I will retire in the summer. Unfortunately that means I will be selling all 4 of my Audi's including the 2 A2's. I know it will be sad to see them go after owning 13 A2's since 2004.
Won’t you need even one for your retirement driving Terry?

Back