Chat Good News - Some positive publicity for A2OC at last

Birchall

Dick Chown Award 2016
I recently contacted the team at Autometrix (Publishers of "Audi Driver" magazine) and asked if they could include an A2 related article, ideally mentioning the A2OC too.

I had a very positive response and Neil has indicated that he would like to feature my car and also allow us to include several mentions of A2OC etc.

It is about time we had some publicity about the great A2 and "Audi Driver" seems to be the perfect platform. A great read by people who know what it is that makes an Audi fan!!

So watch this space!

These things normally take a while before they find a suitable slot and so it may be many months, but I have provided them with Pictures (and they have asked for more) also sent a document about the build of "the Project" with many A2OC references and another document "About me" chronicaling my Hobby over the years, culminating in a "love" for the A2 and the A2OC!!!

Nothing is ever definite, but it looks like this will happen!!!

Last minute edit
Neil just emailed to say if I can get the last few pictires to him by the weekend he MIGHT be able to fit it in the August edition, how quick is that !!!

Steve B

Last edited:
Steve, Audi Driver have featured the A2 several times over the years with road tests on all standard models and an AMD tuned TDI. I've always wondered if they would give permission for us to use copies in our archives, even if it means paying a small fee.

May be worth asking the question if the opportunity arises

Cheers Spike

Steve, Audi Driver have featured the A2 several times over the years with road tests on all standard models and an AMD tuned TDI. I've always wondered if they would give permission for us to use copies in our archives, even if it means paying a small fee.

May be worth asking the question if the opportunity arises

Cheers Spike

I have asked Neil (via email) So we will see what he says!

Steve B

As a one time subscriber to the magazine I have a strong feeling they have featured the A2 with members cars in the past, particularly a certain former visitor from around the 'Skipton' area.....

Hi Adrian- I think it was a auto express magazine and it was a comparison to a polo blue motion with Mike Hills tdi90(tank) Good article I have it somewhere.
I still get prickly when I hear such negativity cast upon our little A2's. Ok so not everyone likes them, but to dismiss them as not a proper Audi is just plane ignorant. Luckily we know different. Cheers Mike

Hi Adrian- I think it was a auto express magazine and it was a comparison to a polo blue motion with Mike Hills tdi90(tank) Good article I have it somewhere.
I still get prickly when I hear such negativity cast upon our little A2's. Ok so not everyone likes them, but to dismiss them as not a proper Audi is just plane ignorant. Luckily we know different. Cheers Mike
I have the magazine too mike. I'm always promoting our little cars. I'm sure the Bluemotion theory wouldn't exist or the use of aluminium body panels without the pioneering A2.
Clearly the A2 is not part of audis heritage.
James.

c562d0094e240bde971a27c26ad6a5f9.jpg

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I too have contacted Neil about 3 weeks ago asking about an Audi Driver A2 special. They do quattro specials and just recently have done a TT special so how about one for the A2. He said he would contact the publishers and ask them.

I recently contacted the team at Autometrix (Publishers of "Audi Driver" magazine) and asked if they could include an A2 related article, ideally mentioning the A2OC too.

I had a very positive response and Neil has indicated that he would like to feature my car and also allow us to include several mentions of A2OC etc.

It is about time we had some publicity about the great A2 and "Audi Driver" seems to be the perfect platform. A great read by people who know what it is that makes an Audi fan!!

So watch this space!

These things normally take a while before they find a suitable slot and so it may be many months, but I have provided them with Pictures (and they have asked for more) also sent a document about the build of "the Project" with many A2OC references and another document "About me" chronicaling my Hobby over the years, culminating in a "love" for the A2 and the A2OC!!!

Nothing is ever definite, but it looks like this will happen!!!

Last minute edit
Neil just emailed to say if I can get the last few pictires to him by the weekend he MIGHT be able to fit it in the August edition, how quick is that !!!

Steve B

Just received my August copy of Audi Driver magazine and Steve's car is not featured.......but it's down to be in the next issue which is out on Sept 7th

Cheers Spike

Just received my August copy of Audi Driver magazine and Steve's car is not featured.......but it's down to be in the next issue which is out on Sept 7th

Cheers Spike

Good a reminder set for this one. Do we know yet whether it's a multi-page article or just a caption feature?

It says next months magazine will have an A2 article.
They asked me for lots of words and pictures. I don't know if it will be multi page or not but I am guessing it will be one maybe two pages? It doesn't sound like they just wanted a small corner of a page.

It was good to see the picture and a nice comment about the mods in the "Next issue" summary.

Steve B

Great news.. Bout time our little cars got some
attention...
And I have told him that we have got lots of other A2s that he can feature from time to time. I would love it if we can have one of our OEM A2s featured to show just how great these cars are even if you don't do any mods to them. Oh and yours will be of interest too,I am sure.

I might even ask about them doing a feature on the owners club itself showing the range of cars we have. Almost every colour and everything from stunning OEM cars to your low rider.

Steve B

do you think they may be interested in a 280,000 mile TDI, still running like a goodun and still returning 60 to 65 MPG depending on the journey profile

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

do you think they may be interested in a 280,000 mile TDI, still running like a goodun and still returning 60 to 65 MPG depending on the journey profile

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

Cheers,
Paul (Depronman)

In all seriousness that is exactly the type of thing that we should be publicising.

My grandson's car (that I am using as a daily driver) has covered 230,000 miles and that too drives like a 3 year old car, they are truly amazing cars. Not only do they last mechanically but thanks to aluminium and plastic the rest will last too.

So your 280,000 mile A2 is as newsworthy as my car is. For different reasons of course ,but equally important to the characteristics of our great cars.

Steve B

Last edited:
Back