Petrol button

JimmyJam

Sorry if it has been mentioned before. But my fuel cap button does not work. I can press it on and off but nothing happens..
But also my other question is someone told me that it is meant to light up. I don't remember mine lighting at all. Is there a fuse for this button.
What's the first step I should take.
Thank in advance

Could be the micro switch in the door. Does the DIS show an open door when it is open? If not is the MS.
Both jamb switches should be illuminated.

Make sure you have at least 2 working keys.
Seriously there is a high risk of you locking your keys in the car as it does not know that the drivers door has been opened. The door open microswitch activates to show the door catch is open and also illuminates the fuel and alarm buttons. It does not operate the fuel flap release as security.
If you are not aware there is a manual over ride located behind the offside rear lights cluster access panel. You will find a rod running vertically looking towards the flap. Gently pull down on this rod to release the flap, close up the access panel and shut the flap after refuelling. You will have to continue to do this until you replace the door open microswitch on the door lock assembly or the whole door lock assembly.

Here is a picture of the door open microswitch - or at least the blue and red wires to it.

drivers door open microswitch.jpg

Morning Jimmy,

Please do conduct a thorough search of our pages as there has been many a similar thread over the years. This is not a new problem within the A2 and has been discussed many times before. Some threads very helpful and some not quite so.

Trying to conduct repairs on a shoestring budget like me is not always assisted by being directed to someone who can solve the problem for you at a cost. If like me, when asking a question you’re actually asking how to possibly solve the fault yourself then you’re indeed after information and not a name.

Here’s a few threads for you to read to see if it’s something you can tackle yourself. Only basic tools required but will need to know how to reflow the solder joints.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Hope one of the links assist as I know how helpful it can be when steered in the right direction. I’ve done this kind of repair on the drivers door and also the drivers side rear door before. Quite an easy process but you really do need to obtain access to VCDS for a full diagnosis.

Kind regards,

Tom

Morning Jimmy,

Please do conduct a thorough search of our pages as there has been many a similar thread over the years. This is not a new problem within the A2 and has been discussed many times before. Some threads very helpful and some not quite so.

Trying to conduct repairs on a shoestring budget like me is not always assisted by being directed to someone who can solve the problem for you at a cost. If like me, when asking a question you’re actually asking how to possibly solve the fault yourself then you’re indeed after information and not a name.

Here’s a few threads for you to read to see if it’s something you can tackle yourself. Only basic tools required but will need to know how to reflow the solder joints.

Link 1

Link 2

Link 3

Hope one of the links assist as I know how helpful it can be when steered in the right direction. I’ve done this kind of repair on the drivers door and also the drivers side rear door before. Quite an easy process but you really do need to obtain access to VCDS for a full diagnosis.

Kind regards,

Tom
Thank you Tom

Back